I’m putting a call out for quilt pattern testers today. I only have one or two pattern testers and lately I’ve been putting so much work on them that I’d hate to ask them to do more. Still, there is a pattern that needs to be tested and any errors I might have made that need to be corrected before I send my pattern out into the world.
What is a pattern tester you ask?
Thanks for asking. A pattern tester is exactly what it sounds like. I send you a PDF of an almost finished quilt pattern, you make the quilt in the size of your choice, making notes of any errors I might have made. Once you finish the quilt top (no need to finish the whole quilt), you send me a list of my errors.
Here is the sort of thing I’m looking for:
- Mistakes with my math. Maybe my fabric calculations are not adding up or I’ve got something wrong with the size of my pieces.
- Issues with my directions. Perhaps, I’ve explained something in a confusing way and you don’t understand.
- Missing steps of the pattern.
- Mistakes with grammar or spelling.
- Thoughts you might have that would make the pattern easier or better.
What is expected of a pattern tester?
- To make a quilt top in the time allotted (usually around 2-3 weeks), but don’t worry I won’t be upset if you are running a little behind. Just please don’t flake on me without contacting to let me know.
- To post on Instagram 2-3 pictures of your quilt in progress, including a picture of your completed quilt top/quilt using the hashtag given to you.
- Complete honesty. If my pattern is a dud, I’d like to know (it happens sometimes).
What do you get in return?
As a thank you for testing my quilt pattern and posting about it on IG, you will receive the following:
- one custom quilt label gift certificate from my shop.
- possible reposts on IG and/or blog and newsletter
Any quilt maker with experience can apply. Your name will be added to a list of pattern testers for me to choose from with each pattern release. I like to have a minimum of 3 pattern testers for each pattern, so you will not be contacted for every single quilt pattern. You can always turn down an opportunity to pattern test if life has you too busy and your name will still be on my list.
To apply fill out the contact page here. Please be sure to leave your name, email address, and IG handle so that I can see your quilts that you have made.
Thanks so much for your interest!