This post is a part of the I am Enough quilt along that starts September 28, 2018 and ends February 1, 2019.
If this is the first time you are learning about this quilt along then please read this post to find out the intentions behind the quilt along and more details.
To view all the posts concerning this quilt along, click here.
To view the email archives of this quilt along, click here.
Don’t forget to post your progress on Instagram using the #IamEnoughquiltalong.
You are Enough
We will be discussing trying our best, but being okay with the results whether they are perfect or not. Strive for progress, not perfection.
This Week’s Lesson
We are learning about precision and fabric contrasts.
The Carolina Mingle Quilt
Our pattern this week is the Hourglass blocks and a bit of section building. Hourglass blocks are made with two fabrics and using the method taught today you’ll be making them two at a time.
Fabrics I used
Small Hourglass blocks
- Sprout in gray
- Rose Petals in dusty
- Rose Foliage in plum
- Strawberries in gold
- Prisma in fusion
- Rose Foliage in light blue
Large Hourglass Blocks
I am Enough Quilt Along Schedule
- Pattern 1 – September 28 – YOUR Color Wheel
- Pattern 2 – October 12 – French Braid
- Pattern 3 – October 26 – Maker’s Hand, I am Enough + Monogram
- Pattern 4 – November 9 – Hourglasses
- Pattern 5 – November 23 – Trip Around the World
- Pattern 6 – December 7 – Scallop Border
- Pattern 7 – December 21 – Courthouse Steps
- Pattern 8 – January 4 – New York Beauties
- Pattern 9 – January 18 – Half Rectangle Triangles + Half Square Triangles
- Pattern 10 – February 1 – Finished Quilt Top
Get a personalized I am Enough quilt along label for your quilt.
- Introduction PDF
- Hourglass Blocks pattern
- Hourglass Blocks video tutorial
- Sign up for the I am Enough newsletter
- Personalized I am Enough quilt label
Havel’s Tools I use in the video