This post is a part of the I am Enough quilt along that starts September 28, 2018 and ends February 1, 2019.
If this is the first time you are learning about this quilt along then please read this post to find out the intentions behind the quilt along and more details.
To view all the posts concerning this quilt along, click here.
To view the email archives of this quilt along, click here.
Don’t forget to post your progress on Instagram using the #IamEnoughquiltalong.
You are Enough
This week we are focusing on the positive in our life instead of complaining about the bad.
This Week’s Lesson
If you’ve never hand appliqued before you are going to have to accept that there is a learning curve to this technique. YOU CAN DO THIS! Just be patient with yourself, you are only human after all.
My Quilt Patterns
Our pattern this week is the Scallop Borders and we’ll be adding these on to our Color Wheels. These are slow, but are incredibly satisfying to finish and have the loveliest look about them.
Fabrics I used
- Snip-Eze scissors
- Roxanne glue
- Milliners needle
- Microquilter thread – Here is a post on why I like this thread so much for this technique.
- My favorite thimble
I am Enough Quilt Along Schedule
- Pattern 1 – September 28 – YOUR Color Wheel
- Pattern 2 – October 12 – French Braid
- Pattern 3 – October 26 – Maker’s Hand, I am Enough + Monogram
- Pattern 4 – November 9 – Hourglasses
- Pattern 5 – November 23 – Trip Around the World
- Pattern 6 – December 7 – Scallop Border
- Pattern 7 – December 21 – Courthouse Steps
- Pattern 8 – January 4 – New York Beauties
- Pattern 9 – January 18 – Half Rectangle Triangles + Half Square Triangles
- Pattern 10 – February 1 – Finished Quilt Top
Get a personalized I am Enough quilt along label for your quilt.
- Introduction PDF
- Scallop Border pattern
- Scallop Border video tutorial
- Sign up for the I am Enough newsletter
- Personalized I am Enough quilt label
Havel’s Tools I use in the video