Let me be clear that it was not hard, it was time consuming. Every. Single. Step.
But the coolest things usually are.
She has a friend.
Believe it or not, he was not as difficult as the doe. His pieces are bigger. Once I got past his antlers I moved right along.
I had to take my pattern to a paper store and have the pages copied on to 11×14″ paper, this way the original stays with me and I always have it.
I used my seam ripper enough times to get to know each other on the personalest of levels. I kept having trouble with the pointed pieces, but it all worked out and all my points lined up almost perfectly. There a couple of places that I don’t think most will notice. EEk!
I don’t want to paper piece for a very long time!
And here is how I used Buck Forest for this quilt.
Mind you this is not the final layout, I’m just throwing things up on the design wall for now. And Buck Forest will make a few more appearances before I’m done.
This is going to be one of those quilts where I’m just winging it, but more details on this later in the week.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and purchase an item I may earn a tiny commission. You will not pay any extra by doing so. This is just a means for me to bring you free content. If you do purchase something I have linked to, THANK YOU for supporting me and my writing on the Quilt Making blog. Big hugs!