Today’s post is part of a series on this blog every Monday.
I don’t know about you, but fabric is EVERYTHING! I love buying it, petting it and then gushing with you about it. I’ll show you my latest fabric purchases and where you can buy it too.
To view all previous posts in this series, click here.
Today I’m showing you our newest Speckled bundle. This is our second purchase of a large quantity of these fabrics all at once and we’ve got some of the brand new colors released only this month. I am so very smittten! I love these fabrics! You can’t make a quilt without blenders and these little babies will tie all your busy prints together. Almost all of my quilts made in the last year has had some of Speckled included.
These are all by Rashida Coleman-Hale and they just seem to go with everything. There are so many colors that you are definitely going to find what you need. We went ahead and put together a whole bundle of just Speckled in case your stash needs a bit more blender action. They can’t all be florals, can they? 🙂 What I like about blenders is that they can really make your busy prints pop and shine and not get lost amongst all the busy bustle of print fabrics.
Let’s stop rambling and get to it!
This week’s fabric picks
- Metallic White Gold
Patchwork + Quilt (a class for learning to quilt)
- Made especially for brand new quilters
- Comes with two quilt patterns: The Good Girl quilt and The Evening Walk quilt (the latter is exclusive to this class)
- You will learn: About sewing machines, how to work a sewing machine, a list of basic supplies, quilters terminology, all basic quilting skills, how to read a quilt pattern, how to make each of the blocks in the sampler quilt, how to cut backing and batting fabric, how to wall baste your quilt, how to meander quilt and how to machine bind a quilt
- Sampler blocks will include skills such as: half square triangles, square in a square blocks, hourglass blocks, flying geese, snowball blocks, log cabins, half rectangle triangles and turning blocks on point.
- There are 24 lessons in this class
- 3 hours worth of video tutorials including video tutorials for every step of the way for the Evening Walk quilt
- Class is set up to come to you by email. Once you purchase, you’ll receive a downloadable PDF where you will click and sign yourself up to the email subscription. Be sure to double opt in to get the classes started (check your spam folder if you don’t receive anything immediately).
- An email will arrive to you every few days on a set schedule, but you can also go at your own pace
There’s no scheduled posts for this week. I’m working behind the scenes on Anthologie quilt and have been having a blast with it. I forgot how fun that bottom applique section is. I’m so ready to show you more of this and the quicker I work, the quicker I can show you. Soon.
New in the Shop This Week
- A few new to the shop fabrics came in from Little Clementine
- A new Moon Goddess bundle called Milkshake
- We had some Grunge restocks and a few new colors