The posts in this series are all part of the pattern, Anthologie. These are not tutorials or how to videos, but are of me making this quilt. It’s meant to be similar to a self guided quilt along and hopefully feel like we are making this quilt together (even if you are finding this years later). Do tag me on Instagram (@southerncharmquilts)! I’d love to see what you do with it. 🙂
All Posts in this Series
The old version of Anthologie had traditional Granny Square blocks, but while I love the look, I’m not a fan of making them. So when I was redesigning this quilt this past Spring, I knew they were gone, but I still wanted something similar. That’s when Sassy Grannies were born.
Fabric I’m Using
- Gloria’s Back Porch
- Grunge in Vanilla
- Blooming Brook Sol
- Field in Suede
- Speckled in Sunstone
- Meadow Trinkets
- Pindot in Raspberry
- Aerial Blush
- Luminaries in Gold
- Blossom in Honey
Sassy Grannies Working Video
In the video, I go into choosing my fabrics and breaking everything up into the three blocks. There’s a separate video tutorial for this block if you need help with putting it together. Then, we get our blocks sewn together to complete the section. After that, we start quilting building. The whole middle bottom section comes together this round.
Patchwork + Quilt (a class for learning to quilt)
- Made especially for brand new quilters
- Comes with two quilt patterns: The Good Girl quilt and The Evening Walk quilt (the latter is exclusive to this class)
- You will learn: About sewing machines, how to work a sewing machine, a list of basic supplies, quilters terminology, all basic quilting skills, how to read a quilt pattern, how to make each of the blocks in the sampler quilt, how to cut backing and batting fabric, how to wall baste your quilt, how to meander quilt and how to machine bind a quilt
- Sampler blocks will include skills such as: half square triangles, square in a square blocks, hourglass blocks, flying geese, snowball blocks, log cabins, half rectangle triangles and turning blocks on point.
- There are 24 lessons in this class
- 3 hours worth of video tutorials including video tutorials for every step of the way for the Evening Walk quilt
- Class is set up to come to you by email. Once you purchase, you’ll receive a downloadable PDF where you will click and sign yourself up to the email subscription. Be sure to double opt in to get the classes started (check your spam folder if you don’t receive anything immediately).
- An email will arrive to you every few days on a set schedule, but you can also go at your own pace
I can picture a whole quilt of Sassy Grannies in my head and I’m loving the mental image. I really hope you enjoy making these! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and show me your progress, @southerncharmquilts and use the #anthologiequilt.
Whispers Low Volume Fabric Bundle
- 10 pieces
- Fat quarters or half yard cuts
- Extra yummy