I am thrilled with the completion of this quilt. Making a quilt with such a large group is an amazing way to get your quilting on.
This is my Anthologie quilt that I made from October 2018 to the end of March 2018. It was part of the #BariJQuiltAlong and took place on Bari’s blog here.
During the quilt along I felt supported, encouraged, and excited throughout.
If you find that you often stall in your quilt making, having a group or QAL to hold you accountable might keep you on pace a bit more.
Also if you are new to quilt making, I feel like sampler quilts are a great way to learn many different skills and techniques within the same project.
This pattern will be re-releasing in the fall of 2020.
Intentions of Anthologie
By making this quilt, which is my very first sampler design (oh, there will be more), I wanted to explore the style “bohemian”.
I hear that everywhere now! I’m drawn to that style a bit, I think.
I also wanted to add other crafts/skills into this quilt, such as: embroidery, tassels, crochet lace binding, and crochet.
I wanted to step up my hand quilting game too. And after all the hand quilting I put into this quilt, I really feel quite comfortable with that skill now. I’m also in love and want to add it to everything.
- 10 pieces
- Quarter yards, fat quarters, half yards or whole yard cuts
- Available in many colors
- Extra yummy
Patchwork + Quilt (a class for learning to quilt)
- Made especially for brand new quilters
- Comes with two quilt patterns: The Good Girl quilt and The Evening Walk quilt (the latter is exclusive to this class)
- You will learn: About sewing machines, how to work a sewing machine, a list of basic supplies, quilters terminology, all basic quilting skills, how to read a quilt pattern, how to make each of the blocks in the sampler quilt, how to cut backing and batting fabric, how to wall baste your quilt, how to meander quilt and how to machine bind a quilt
- Sampler blocks will include skills such as: half square triangles, square in a square blocks, hourglass blocks, flying geese, snowball blocks, log cabins, half rectangle triangles and turning blocks on point.
- There are 24 lessons in this class
- 3 hours worth of video tutorials including video tutorials for every step of the way for the Evening Walk quilt
- Class is set up to come to you by email. Once you purchase, you’ll receive a downloadable PDF where you will click and sign yourself up to the email subscription. Be sure to double opt in to get the classes started (check your spam folder if you don’t receive anything immediately).
- An email will arrive to you every few days on a set schedule, but you can also go at your own pace