This post is a part of the Little Miss Sawtooth Quilt Along. Below is a list of all the posts and articles on this series.
- Announcement – Sign ups and Details
- Fabric Requirements, Coloring Sheet and Fabric Bundles
- Details About the Quilt
- Invitation Video
- Week #1 – Flying Geese
- Week #2 – Millie, Josephine and Sadie
- Week #3 – Gabrielle and Ava
- Week #4 – Brianna and Luciana
- Week #5 – Isla and Olivia
- Week #6 – Aliyah and Asha
- Week #7 – Jada and Alana
- Week #8 – Juliana and Sofia
- Week #9 – Large 4-patches
- Week #10 – Finished Quilt Top
Get go to Havel’s Sewing for post and pattern
4-at-a-time Flying Geese
The Little Miss Sawtooth Star Quilt Paper Pattern
OMG, my geese are coming out wonky and a little too small, I keep trying to be very careful when sewing that quarter inch and even making it less than a quarter inch!! I think it might be the bias of the fabric causing some issues. I’m at a loss, I really don’t want to cut all new fabric!! I’m thinking I should have done the method where you make then larger and then trim down. Any suggestions?
My biggest suggestion would be to starch your fabrics before you ever make the first cut. This helps me immensely! Our errors are usually in the cutting, 1/4” and pressing.
Where can I find the free PDF pattern for this quilt? Thanks!
It’s not free, but it’s here: https://meanderandmake.com/patterns/little-miss-sawtooth-star/