Time for more lovely block making! Love seeing this part of the quilt making progress, more than all the other parts.
I really enjoy pretty much every style of quilt making and will always have a special place for those long chain pieced style quilts, but this one at a time block making feels mindful and purposeful.
Things not to forget:
- Beth of Modernly Stitched is offering 20% off all longarming during the quilt along to 8 weeks after it ends.
- Order your personalized Little Miss Sawtooth quilt label here.
- Find all the supplies and more from the pattern located here.
I’m using Maureen Cracknell’s Cozy & Magical fabrics and they are the cutest, sweetest Christmas line! We sold out of them in our shop, but they are still available at the link above. My background is Pure Sweet Macademia.
This Round’s Task
This round we get to make: Luciana, Isla and Olivia.
I mixed it up this time for my Luciana block. Instead of using the four fabrics as the pattern instructs, I only used two. LOVE the visual effect this has on the look.
- Contrast is important on this block!
- And so is starch.
Isla has always been one of my favorite blocks in this quilt. She’s a friendship star and was one of the first blocks I ever made when I first started quilting.
Olivia is one of the easiest blocks in the quilt and a nice time to practice nesting your seams if you haven’t mastered that skill yet. Also, so FUN to fussy cut for!
- I used only two fabrics in mine versus the nine it instructs in the pattern. Nothing wrong with going your own way!
- If you need help with nesting, I have this post.
At this point, I think my colors and fabrics are starting to look a bit more balanced than they did in last round’s post. The dark blue really brought in a good vibe, I think.
Use the #littlemisssawtoothqal to be eligible for the prizes we are giving away the day before the next round begins! I’ll be personally choosing one winner each week to receive a $25 credit to Meander + Make (worldwide) and Havel’s Sewing will be giving that same winner (US only on the Havel’s prize) a special surprise. All you have to do is post to that hashtag above. Be sure to check your spelling! And post more to have more chances.
- @yotawillis is posting some AMAZING blocks!
- Carrie’s colors are beautiful!
- Adorableness from Lynn.
- Heather‘s Josephine block is GORGEOUS!
- And as always, I love everything Molly does.
Thank you so much for sewing with me!