I am FINISHED with this quilt! Whew!!
I started this quilt on January 7th and finished it up just a few days ago. It was about 14 days of work, but all those days were not spent on this quilt so it’s hard to say exactly. I did some work each day.
My color palette was navy, aqua, teals and mustardy golden yellow. You will note tiny bits in the quilt where I snuck in a different color. I simply cannot help myself. I think sneaky bits make a quilt more interesting.
Did you see some of the fussy cutting? I always find those interesting too.
For the backing (and I didn’t take a good picture of), there are 4 different fabrics used. I used several end of bolts on it, a solid and just something to fill in.
For the binding, I used a low volume fabric with mostly white. The quilt had mostly color so I thought a mostly white fabrics would suit this quilt the best and not bring attention to it’s self.
Using the quilt as you go method
I’ve mentioned that I used Maureen Cracknell’s quilt as you go method here. And I did like it. I did FMQ on all three layers instead of her quilt in the ditch, and it went fairly well. There was some bulk in the seams, so if you do the same I’d suggest a very wide meander or something where the quilting is not very tight or dense this way you won’t run into any puckers.
Quilt Pattern Details
King size quilt measures: 108×108″
block measures: 12.5″ unfinished. 81 blocks in 9 rows by 9.
(I did have a few panels used in this quilt that took the place of some of the dresden blocks)
Cut (27) 12.5″ x WOF. Subcut each into (3) 12.5″ squares. (there is some waste there, but I used it as some of the dresden blades so it didn’t actually go to waste).
Cut 1,460 dresden blades at 3.5″. I used all scraps.
Cut (81) interfaced circles using template. I used a vase bottom as my template.
Everything I Used to Create This Quilt
Anu Fabric Line + Scraps
Thanks so much for following along making this quilt with me. If you made a dresden quilt, I’d love to see it! Leave a link in the comments.