Today’s post is part of a series on this blog every Monday.
I don’t know about you, but fabric is EVERYTHING! I love buying it, petting it and then gushing with you about it. I’ll show you my latest fabric purchases and where you can buy it too.
To view all previous posts in this series, click here.
I’ve shared this news in my newsletter already, but I haven’t done so here in this space, so I thought I would. I have opened a very tiny fabric shop. It’s tiny, because I’m building my stock slowly.
You can visit the shop here called Meander + Make. The Instagram handle is here. Right now I’m buying fabrics that I love and feel that I would use the most. Naturally, that means mostly low volumes, you know me! But I’ve been smitten with basics lately, so I’ve stocked some of those too. Since I’m constantly buying fabrics and always sharing and petting them with you, it seems only natural that I should have my own fabric shop. I’ll still be linking up to other fabric shops though, so don’t think this will change this series in anyway. It’s just now sometimes when I get a delivery, I’ll be sharing that here too.
Let’s take a look at the bundle above, shall we?
- Piecing and machine quilting thread
- 100 Percent extra long staple Egyptian thread
- 600 yards of assorted Basic colors
- Double mercerized
- No wobble snap mini King
- 30 weight thread
Today’s Fabric Picks
- Blossom in aqua – Chris Thompson from Riley Blake
- Blossom in navy – Chris Thompson from Riley Blake
- Blossom in wisteria – Chris Thompson from Riley Blake
- Blossom in fuchsia – Chris Thompson from Riley Blake
- Gunny Sack – Lori Holt from Riley Blake
- Texting in white – Lori Holt from Riley Blake
- Bouquet in white – Amanda Herring from Riley Blake
I’m feeling basics more and more! One of the reasons is that they are easy to mix in with beautiful and multi-colored florals a bit better than other fabrics. There also not quite as flat as solids, but still have a bit of a modern feel to them.
That bouquet low volume! Oh, my! My heart is singing just staring at it. I can’t wait to pop that into the background of a future quilt.
This Friday, we’ll be on week 3 of the Carolina Mingle quilt along. There’s a prize of threads!