As much as I always enjoy block making, I won’t lie…I seam ripped the Aliyah block about four times. Lol. I don’t know if I was distracted, having a moment or what, but I kept sewing those little HSTs in the same direction, which was wrong. Ugh.
Anyway! How are you? How is your quilt coming along? Loving it or are you in that stage where we question our every decision only to LOVE it even more later? Ha! You are not alone!
Let’s get to the blocks for this round!
Things not to forget:
- Beth of Modernly Stitched is offering 20% off all longarming during the quilt along to 8 weeks after it ends.
- Order your personalized Little Miss Sawtooth quilt label here.
- Find all the supplies and more from the pattern located here.
I’m using Maureen Cracknell’s Cozy & Magical fabrics and they are the cutest, sweetest Christmas line! We sold out of them in our shop, but they are still available at the link above. My background is Pure Sweet Macademia.
This Round’s Task
This round we get to make: Aliyah, Asha, and Jada.
Like I mentioned above, watch the half square triangles. The little devils can easily get turned the wrong way and wreak havoc on you.
I did my block a little different from the pattern and I think I’ve done this on the last several times I’ve made this quilt. I like the block with that big center square, but whichever way you do it, fussy cutting is do-able.
Not sure how much I’m loving my Asha block this time around, but normally this is one of my fave blocks. It makes a visual pop, I think. BUT, I’m rolling with it. I wish I’d set those nutcracker men at a diagonal. I think that might have been cooler.
- Here is a tutorial for snowballing.
- And snowballing needs starch like crazy!
Oh my goodness, Jada! I love this block. You think partial seams could kill you, and then you find out how easy they are. 🙂
- Here’s that link for snowballing again.
- Take a deep breath and follow the directions. You got this!
3 more of these sampler blocks to go after this round! Woo! We are almost there. Give yourself a moment to happy dance…
Use the #littlemisssawtoothqal to be eligible for the prizes we are giving away the day before the next round begins! I’ll be personally choosing one winner each week to receive a $25 credit to Meander + Make (worldwide) and Havel’s Sewing will be giving that same winner (US only on the Havel’s prize) a special surprise. All you have to do is post to that hashtag above. Be sure to check your spelling! And post more to have more chances.
- Oh my, Alexandra‘s block is divine!
- Look at Jamie‘s sweet blocks.
- Dying over all the Halloween version of Little Miss! Look at @_indoor_cat‘s quilt.
- Tully‘s sweet blocks…
- Loving Katherine‘s soft colors.
Thank you so much for sewing with me!