It’s time to make our 4-patches! Or background blocks or whatever you prefer to call them. Easy peasy lemon squeezzy! Definitely the most simplest part of the quilt, and a nice breather before we put the quilt top altogether and have ourselves a flimsy.
Things not to forget:
- Beth of Modernly Stitched is offering 20% off all longarming during the quilt along to 8 weeks after it ends.
- Order your personalized Little Miss Sawtooth quilt label here.
- Find all the supplies and more from the pattern located here.
This Round’s Task
This round we get to make the 4-patches. There are 15 of them.
There are (15) 4-patches in the Little Miss quilt. For the first time in all my versions of this quilt, I’m not using a scrappy background. I’m a smidgen sad about it now, but when I was deciding fabrics this was the plan I came up with and I’m aiming to see it through. Lol.
The mock up I designed is pretty cute though, so fingers crossed it looks in real life the way it looks on my computer. I guess I’ll be showing you that in two weeks.
- Nest that middle seam when pairing your squares! Chain piece all yours squares into pairs, then split the stack in half. On one half press the seam to the right and on the other half press the seam to the left. Nest them when you sew them together and then press the middle long seam open. This will give you the flattest version of a 4-patch
- Here’s a video tutorial if you need one.
Well I am so excited. I’ll be putting these on the design wall to see how they look with the star blocks. Fun, FUN, fun! I still think I might could finish before Christmas…giving me my very first Christmas quilt. I don’t normally make quilts for holidays, but trying to change that. It might be nice to swap the quilts out by season!
Use the #littlemisssawtoothqal to be eligible for the prizes we are giving away the day before the next round begins! I’ll be personally choosing one winner each week to receive a $25 credit to Meander + Make (worldwide) and Havel’s Sewing will be giving that same winner (US only on the Havel’s prize) a special surprise. All you have to do is post to that hashtag above. Be sure to check your spelling! And post more to have more chances.
- Oh my goodness! @Knitastitch‘s blocks are BEAUTIFUL!
- Did you see @yotawillis‘s blocks all up on her design wall. LOVE LOVE!
- A bit of adorable from Andrea.
- Nancy is making a Christmas version too!
- Sofia is such a great block! Check out Deborah‘s great version.
Thank you so much for sewing with me!