It’s time to show you my completed Carolina Mingle quilt! I am so tickled with this quilt, it’s fabrics and that it traveled to far away lands with me. See here if you haven’t already.
I hope that you will want to make this quilt too……because it’s available as a pattern! You can purchase it here.
I’ve got so many pictures to fit into this post, so warning, warning. I might have gotten a little snap happy. 🙂
For this quilt I used all Sharon Holland’s Signature fabric collection. I wrote a post on those fabrics here. They were some of the yummiest fabrics I’ve worked with. Green seems to really agree with me, I think. Plus, those pops of pink! In the low volume sections of the quilt I used some of her older lines.
On the binding, I used this fabric of Sharon’s. A perfect binding fabric if I do have to say so myself. It’s also available in a coral shade.
My Quilt Patterns
I did my usual tighter meander in a Cotton and Steel thread of an aqua shade. It’s a lighter thread that blends well, making my quilting crinkly, but not standing out too much. I love it! If you are interested in learning more about my thread choices, see this post.
- Measures 66″ square
- Skill level: Experienced beginner (maybe made a few quilts already)
- A quick and easy finish without much fuss
- Uses an old fashioned method of foundation piecing to make the star’s beams (surprisingly simple to do)
- Uses mostly 1/4 yard cuts, so if you have many of those laying about….
- See the hashtag here to see the quilts my testers have been making
I really hope you will decide to make this quilt. I think it might be my favorite quilt pattern I’ve made. It’s so fuss-free, but still so lovely. I’m definitely going to make another before the year is out. This would make a perfect quilt to gift my mother at Christmas (she’s been whining for a quilt for sometime).
I hope you have the loveliest of weekends and get plenty of time to get some quilting done.
If you are interested in purchasing this quilt, you can find it here.
PS. I almost forgot! If you want to see some detail of this quilt in a video format, I created this video.
Today’s Amazon Pick
Make beautiful, functional quilts that will be used and loved for years to come!
- 12 well illustrated projects, ranging from table runners to a queen-sized quilt
- Beginner-friendly, skill-building design tips and suggestions throughout
- Projects for useful quilts—not unattainably perfect showpieces
- Gorgeous photography for each project, to help inspire your creativity
- Author Sharon Holland, well known for her fabric lines, teaches each technique in an unintimidating way, with a focus on the quilt’s ultimate use
[…] thing I was a bit unhappy about was the fabric I chose for my background. Unlike my original Carolina Mingle quilt, I chose one single fabric for the background instead of multiples. I like both looks just fine, […]
[…] You can see more of the quilt above here. […]