Today’s post is part of a series on this blog every Monday.
I don’t know about you, but fabric is EVERYTHING! I love buying it, petting it and then gushing with you about it. I’ll show you my latest fabric purchases and where you can buy it too.
To view all previous posts in this series, click here.
Secret: I have never, ever shopped for fabric in person (Hobby Lobby does not count). So naturally, when I get to do so for the first time, I get a little drunk off the experience and go a little overboard. Hence the stack above! Yah! But lemme tell you where I got to shop at! Yes, I did shop at Quiltcon, but I also got to go to Anna Maria Horner’s Craft South and I met her and took a pic with her too! Oh, y’all. It was the best! I got to shop with actual friends who love fabric as much as me. I was overwhelmed with happiness. Truly, truly.
I’m going to show you some of the Quiltcon pics, but I’m going to show you the fabrics first! Because, well, FABRICS!
- Piecing and machine quilting thread
- 100 Percent extra long staple Egyptian thread
- 600 yards of assorted Basic colors
- Double mercerized
- No wobble snap mini King
- 30 weight thread
Today’s Fabric Picks
- Crescent Bloom in ruby – AMH
- Picnic Daisy in orchid – Heather Bailey
- Filigree in cherry – AMH
- Prismatic in raspberry – Amy Butler
- Sealing Wax in amethyst – AMH
- Ziggy in lavender – Joel Dewberry
- Power Point in cocoa – Amy Butler
- Calico Toss in gold – Violet Craft
- Calico Toss in jewel – Violet Craft
- Prismatic in bone – Amy Butler
- Apples in sweet – Alison Glass
- Migration in dahlia – Anna Maria Horner
- Migration in Prussia – Anna Maria Horner
- Wallflower in wild rose – Denyse Schmidt
- Ladder in Eggplant – Anna Maria Horner
- Inner Vision in cocoa – Amy Butler
- Meadow Blooms in minty – Amy Butler
- Stamped in coral – AMH
- Stamped in nautical – AMH
- Pincushion Floral in sage – Amy Butler
- Leaning Jade – Anna Maria Conservatory
- Field Strawberries in plum – Heather Ross
- Field Strawberries in aqua – Heather Ross
I think this might be the most fabrics I’ve ever purchased at once! I also really love how they are all color coordinating. I’ve got a quilt planned for the majority of these. We’ll see how many make it in.
A Pic from Craft South
I knew as soon as I found out that Quiltcon was in Nashville (only 3.5 hours from me) that I would be able to attend and I also knew that meant I would get to go by Craft South (a fabric shop owned by Anna Maria Horner). What I didn’t know was that my friend Kathy would bring her Bad Girl quilt, made all in AMH fabrics, and have Anna take a picture with us! So much fun, y’all.
I’ve got more pictures, but I’m saving them for upcoming finishes. You can see a few more pics and videos in my highlights on IG (click the one titled Quiltcon 2019).
Get a personalized quilt label for your quilt.
Wednesday, I’m back into the “What is?” series with the topic of PDF patterns. Be sure to check in!
My Quilt Patterns