In a few weeks, the Bohippian quilt pattern will release! I thought I’d round up some of my English paper piecing (EPP) video tutorials to show you how simple it is. SIMPLE, but TIME CONSUMING.
And for me, the point of EPP is to force yourself to S L O W down.
- DON’T give yourself a deadline.
- DO pick up the project when you want to and let it sit when you don’t.
- DON’t rush through it, but INSTEAD enjoy the slowness of it.
- THINK about the one piece at a time, instead of the whole project.
On with the show…
Supplies needed for Hexie Flowers
- 1.5″ paper templates – We have small packs here and a HUGE pack here.
- Glue pen + refills
- The Bottom Line thread – This thread is PERFECT for EPP. It has a bit of a bounce to it! Get it in Silver for all of your multicolored fabrics. If you are working with VERY dark colored fabrics, go darker on the thread.
- Milliner’s needle – This is a great needle for EPP and perfect for the Bottom Line thread.
Basting the Hexagons
How to Whipstitch
Sewing Hexie Flowers