The posts in this series are all part of the Sassy Granny Quilt Along.
To view all the posts, click here.
To join the quilt along, click here.
Pattern is in my book, A Life With Quilts. Get it here.
It is time to start block making! And I’m pretty sure this is everyone’s favorite part. You spent all that time last week getting everything cut and readied, and THIS WEEK you get to see some of the fruits of your labor. Enjoy!
Fabrics I’m Using
- Mindful Tumbleweed
- Lara’s Garden Sunshine
- Calmness Oaky Peach
- Daily Rituals Pinky Peach
- Catch Your Breath Golden
- Pure Cinnamon
- Tiny Flowers Melon
- Peach Texture
- You Belong Gulf White
- You Belong Baby White
- Stitchy Eggshell
- Milkweed Float
- Pampas Grass Tan
- Dottie Dark
- Milkweed Fall
- Stitchy Offwhite
- Itty Bitty Daisies Glow
- Itty Bitty Daisies Glum
- Pampas Grass Blush
- Handdrawn Sawtooth White
- Pom Pom White
This Week’s Task
Our task this week is to organize all of the pieces for each of our blocks, and then MAKE 6 BLOCKS!
Tools from video
- Binding clips can be found here.
- I use Best Press starch. Find it here. (affiliate link)
- My wool pressing mat is from Precision Quilting Tools. Find it here. (affiliate link)
- My iron is a Reliant Maven. You can find it here. (affiliate link)
- My rotary cutter is from Havel’s Sewing. Use my ambassador coupon SOUTHERNCHARM7 and receive $7 off any purchase of $25 at Havel’s Sewing.
- My cutting mat is by Fiskars and can be found here. (affiliate link)
- I’m sewing on a Juki 2000qi. Find it here on Amazon or here at Sewing Machines Plus. (affiliate link)
- I can’t stress enough how important it is to lay out your fabric C pieces when you are organizing all the blocks FIRST. Then B, and then A last. Doing this step starting with A will make it look like you don’t have enough pieces…even though you do!
- Take your time! Lots of pieces and seams to these blocks. This isn’t a race, so enjoy every stitch!
- In the video, you see me organize my background pieces per block just like the foreground. If you are using a single fabric as your background, there really isn’t any need to do that. I was trying to make sure all my low volumes got mixed well.
- Don’t forget to nest those seams! It’ll make all your points line up lovingly.
TWO discounts on longarm services!
Brown Eyed Quilter is offering 20% off quilting (quilting service only) for any Sassy Granny quilt. Use the coupon code SASSYGRANNYQAL when filling out your form on her site. Offer expires August 1, 2022.
Quilty Lab Creations is offering 15% off quilting (quilting service only) for any Sassy Granny quilt. Use the coupon code SASSYGRANNYQAL when filling out your form on her site. Offer expires August 1, 2022.
I’ll be choosing a winner on May 17. If you’ve never used Instagram before, I have this tutorial.
Piece n Quilt – $100 gift certificate
Seams Sew Me – Gift set
Crimson Confection – Jelly roll and gift set
Thai Charm – 3 PDFs of your choice
Meander + Make – Sassy Granny quilt label
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #sassygrannyqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and all of the sponsors to win ANY prize. Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible: @southerncharmquilts, @seams_sew_me, @bessiepearl, @slightlybiasedquilts, @quilting_mayhem, @NataliaBonner, @SanDiegoSewn, @ThaiCharmLLC, @Pennily_Quilt_Shop, @CrimsonConfection, @BrownEyedQuilter, @PlainJanesAndCo, @AutumnMoonQuilting, @BrittanyTunison, @QuiltyLabCreations, @InterwovenFabrics, @SoapEscape and @MeanderandMake.
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations or substitutions if you are international to them.
- A winner will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t be able to track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Seeing your blocks start come to life can be so invigorating! Don’t forget to take the time and pat yourself on the back. Well done you!
- Loving Melanie‘s yummy blocks!
- Oh, gosh, Kylie‘s fabric pull is GORGEOUS!
- I’m loving that many of you took fabric pics with the book! Here’s April‘s!
- Amanda‘s blocks are looking AMAZING!
- I can’t wait to see Laura‘s fun and bright version!
Leave a Reply