Hello and welcome to the first week of the Attic Window quilt along! I’m so happy you are here!
Fabrics I’m Using
Foreground: 14 of the prints from my upcoming fabric collection Garden Therapy
Background: Kona Yarrow solid
This Week’s Task
This week we will be talking about fabrics. Then, we will get both foreground and background cut and organized.
About the Video
Don’t have time for the full video? Skip to the parts that you need using the minutes below.
- Minutes 0-6:55 are talking all about fabrics
- Minutes 6:55-14:30 are the cutting tutorials
- Minutes 14:30-24:42 are a demo of getting your pieces organized by block
- Minutes 24:42-25:09 are a smidge about background
- Minutes 25:09-26:06 are a chat about what we’ve done
- Remaining minutes are a chat about the quilt along and prizes
Supplies Used in the Video
- Binding clips
- Stripology ruler
- Project box
- Wool pressing mat
- Reliant Maven iron
- Rotary Cutter is from Havel’s Sewing (use my ambassador coupon SOUTHERNCHARM7 and receive $7 off any purchase over $25)
- Fiskers cutting mat
- Starch by the gallon
- Dingo cutting table and Princess Hazel hydraulic sewing chair are from Arrow Sewing (use my ambassador coupon code MELANIE20 for 20% off)
Grab a copy of my book,
A Life With Quilts-Featuring five quilt patterns, throw to twin size. -Most of the pattern are scrap and fat quarter friendly. -All patterns are for all skill levels. -Includes methods and tips for choosing fabrics, finishing a quilt and personal stories.
- Starching your fabric will make it easier for you to achieve better precision with your cutting and your piecing.
- Remember that there’s no rush! You have a whole week to cut fabric. Break this task into multiple days.
Get access to the Free Pattern Library
In addition to all of my free patterns, you’ll be able to stay connected and know when the next quilt along is or when a new quilt pattern becomes available.
Plain Janes & Co – Offering 10% off anything in the shop. Use coupon code ATTIC10 (good until November 9)
Thai Charm – 25% off all longarming on Attic Window Quilts (December 9 deadline)
Brown Eyed Quilter – 15% off all longarming on Attic Window Quilts
Autumn Moon Quilting – 10% off longarming for finished quilts with code ATTICWINDOW
Just Sew – 20% off longarm quilting coupon for the first 10 people who DM @justsewstudio using #atticwindowquilt
Quilt Sandwich Fabrics – We are offering the coupon code ATTICWINDOWS for 10% off our Tilda Fabric selection from October 1 – November 15.
Winner 1 will receive:
Seams Sew Me – Gift set
Prairie Love Knits – $30 Gift card
Polka Dot Quilter – 1 FQ bundle
Winner 2 will receive:
Bessie Pearl Textiles – $25 gift certificate
Thai Charm – 2 PDF patterns
Polka Dot Quilter – 1 FQ Bundle
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #atticwindowqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and ALL of the sponsors to win any prize (I do check this before choosing winners). Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible:
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations. Prize is void if the sponsor is unwilling to ship out of the US.
- A winner/winners will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Take a class at
Quilt ClassGet an extra helping hand and detailed instruction for specific projects or entire quilts!
Have fun choosing and cutting your fabrics! I cannot wait to see what you do!
- (coming next week)