We start piecing Lulu today! So very excited. We are just pairing up on our columns with a little chain piecing, but it turns out a pretty big job. Enjoy!
This Week’s Task
This week we are going to make our guide — which is basically just laying one column of fabrics in the order we want them to be in for the quilt and then using that guide to stay organized while we sew all our squares into pairs. It may not “look” like a lot of progress, but we have a lot of squares to sew today. In the video, I’m going to show you how to work through it quickly by chain piecing, all the while staying super organized.
- Putting your stacks of fabric in the correct hands and then walking to the sewing machine will help you make sure nothing gets turned the wrong way or out of order. This will only matter if you are using directional prints.
- If you are using directional prints, don’t forget the turn your fabrics sideways before you begin chain piecing (assuming you want them in the correct directions).
- No need to sew all of these in one day. Spread this task out if you don’t have much time for a long sewing session.
Jenae of Vintage Stitch is offering 20% off quilting (quilting service only) for any Lulu Louise quilt. Use the coupon code LULULOUISEQAL when filling out your form on her site. Offer expires July 31, 2022.
I’ll be choosing a winner on March 15. If you’ve never used Instagram before, I have this tutorial.
Winner will receive:
From Piece N Quilt – $100 gift certificate
From Pennily Quilt Shop – AGF fat quarter bundle
From Meander + Make – A Lulu Louise custom quilt label
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #lululouiseqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and all of the sponsors to win ANY prize. Follow all of these accounts and you won’t have any problems: @southerncharmquilts, @seams_sew_me, @bessiepearl, @slightlybiasedquilts, @quilting_mayhem, @VintageStitch_by_Jenae, @NataliaBonner, @SanDiegoSewn, @ThaiCharmLLC, @DameandDaneQuiltingCo, @Pennily_Quilt_Shop, @ChelseaAllenStudios and @MeanderandMake
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations or substitutions if you are international to them.
- A winner will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t be able to track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Doesn’t look like much, but IT IS! Pat yourself on the back when you are done or give those hips a little shimmy. You’ve just sewn 133 pieces of patchwork together!
- Jen‘s fabrics look like magic!
- Excited about Sue‘s fabric choices.
- Look at this gorgeousness from Sarah.
- Sue is using our Pinewood bundle. I can’t wait to see more.
- Look at the prettiness Lisa is using!