The posts in this series are all part of the Sassy Granny Quilt Along.
To view all the posts, click here.
To join the quilt along, click here.
Pattern is in my book, A Life With Quilts. Get it here.
Week 5 BEGINS! We are moving right along. You are going to have a finished quilt VERY SOON!
Fabrics I’m Using
- Mindful Tumbleweed
- Lara’s Garden Sunshine
- Calmness Oaky Peach
- Daily Rituals Pinky Peach
- Catch Your Breath Golden
- Pure Cinnamon
- Tiny Flowers Melon
- Peach Texture
- You Belong Gulf White
- You Belong Baby White
- Stitchy Eggshell
- Milkweed Float
- Pampas Grass Tan
- Dottie Dark
- Milkweed Fall
- Stitchy Offwhite
- Itty Bitty Daisies Glow
- Itty Bitty Daisies Glum
- Pampas Grass Blush
- Handdrawn Sawtooth White
- Pom Pom White
This Week’s Task
Our task this week is to make our last 7 blocks.
Tools from video
- Binding clips can be found here.
- I use Best Press starch. Find it here. (affiliate link)
- My wool pressing mat is from Precision Quilting Tools. Find it here. (affiliate link)
- My iron is a Reliant Maven. You can find it here. (affiliate link)
- All of my cutting tools (snips, scissors, rotary cutter) are from Havel’s Sewing. Use my ambassador coupon SOUTHERNCHARM7 and receive $7 off any purchase of $25 at Havel’s Sewing.
- My cutting mat is by Fiskars and can be found here. (affiliate link)
- I’m sewing on a Juki 2000qi. Find it here on Amazon or here at Sewing Machines Plus. (affiliate link)
- Be kind to yourself. Perfection is overrated and you are doing the best you can and that is enough.
- If you are struggling with your blocks coming out the right size, points lining up, etc and want a little more help or your feelings of frustration are getting in the way of your joy, I’ll be opening up this class at the end of June.
TWO discounts on longarm services!
Brown Eyed Quilter is offering 20% off quilting (quilting service only) for any Sassy Granny quilt. Use the coupon code SASSYGRANNYQAL when filling out your form on her site. Offer expires August 1, 2022.
Quilty Lab Creations is offering 15% off quilting (quilting service only) for any Sassy Granny quilt. Use the coupon code SASSYGRANNYQAL when filling out your form on her site. Offer expires August 1, 2022.
I’ll be choosing a winner on June 7. If you’ve never used Instagram before, I have this tutorial.
Winner will receive:
Brown Eyed Quilter – Longarming services for your Sassy Granny quilt (does not include shipping)
Bessie Pearl – $25 gift certificate
Meander + Make – Sassy Granny quilt label
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #sassygrannyqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and all of the sponsors to win ANY prize. Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible: @southerncharmquilts, @seams_sew_me, @bessiepearl, @slightlybiasedquilts, @quilting_mayhem, @NataliaBonner, @SanDiegoSewn, @ThaiCharmLLC, @Pennily_Quilt_Shop, @CrimsonConfection, @BrownEyedQuilter, @PlainJanesAndCo, @AutumnMoonQuilting, @BrittanyTunison, @QuiltyLabCreations, @InterwovenFabrics, @SoapEscape and @MeanderandMake.
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations or substitutions if you are international to them.
- A winner will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t be able to track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Looking at all my blocks makes me SOOOO happy!
- In love with Stephanie‘s quilt!
- How pretty are Rachel‘s blocks!
- Oh my gosh how darling! So cute, Carrie!
- I spy Cinnamon Tea in Sue‘s blocks. 🙂
- Scrappy yumminess from Debbie!
Leave a Reply