Welcome to the Mariposa Quilt Along!
I was thinking today would never get here, but IT’S FINALLY TIME! I have a video for you today that’s basically a little chat about fabrics, some tips and tricks, me working getting all my fabrics cut up and a little help if you are new the 7/8″ measurement. Enjoy!
This Round’s Task
This round all you need to do is choose your fabrics and get everything cut and ready. Easy peasy!
- Use your starch prior to cutting fabrics. Not only does it help during every step of block making, it makes flying geese a WHOLE LOT easier. I currently use Best Press.
- In the video, I show you how I choose my background, but you may not have a bunch of background choices in your hands. Try creating a board on Pinterest with pictures of your fabric and audition different backgrounds. You can also do this in the “wish list” over at Meander + Make.
- Choose fabrics you LOVE! It spurs more love for quilt making when you do. I can’t think of a single reason why you’d bother making a whole quilt with fabrics that are just MEH to you. 🙂
I’ll be choosing a winner on January 11!
Winner will receive:
From Seams Sew Me – Quilty Button Bookmark along with a set of pins and alphabet clips
From Slightly Biased Quilts – 2 PDF patterns
From Meander + Make – A $25 account credit
How to be eligible:
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #mariposaqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and all of the sponsors to win ANY prize. Follow all of these accounts and you won’t have any problems: @southerncharmquilts, @meanderandmake, @seams_sew_me, @bessiepearl, @slightlybiasedquilts, @midlife_quilter, @quilting_mayhem, and @crimsonconfection.
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have some limitations or substitutions if you are outside the US.
- A winner will be chosen one day prior to every post and announced on IG and in the next round’s email. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t be able to track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a visual of the dates.
I am so glad you are here and making this quilt with me! We are going to have SO MUCH FUN!
- (this section is coming next week!)