Hey, hey!! We have more blocks to make this week!
Fabrics I’m Using
This Week’s Task
Our task this week is to make another 6 blocks.
Supplies used in the video
Some of the links below are affiliate links
- Project box
- Diagonal seam tape
- Wool pressing mat
- Reliant Maven iron
- Rotary Cutter and chain piecing snips are from Havel’s Sewing (use my ambassador coupon SOUTHERNCHARM7 and receive $7 off any purchase over $25)
- Fiskers cutting mat
- Omnigrid rotating cutting mat
- Creative Grids small ruler
- Starch by the gallon
- Juki 2000 sewing machine
- Aussie 2 sewing cabinet , Dingo cutting table and Princess Hazel hydraulic sewing chair are from Arrow Sewing (use my ambassador coupon code MELANIE20 for 20% off)
- The 3 tips for well done snowball corners I mention in the video:
- Starch prior to cutting your fabrics. This may seem kinda fussy, but when fabrics are crisp it’s easier to attain precision, so I never skip it.
- The placement of the square exactly into the corner is important. You’ll naturally get better at this with time and effort.
- Pressing them into place is the most important part. That lip of the seam between corner and main part of the unit is what causes the units to be smaller most of the time. Using your fingers to push it completely out and then pressing has helped me with my own accuracy. You want to be gentle during this step. This is the moment that can cause the wonkiness…
- I mention the diagonal seam tape in the video that I use to skip the drawing line part, here’s a full video tutorial for that.
- In the video, I show you my own workflow. It’s how I make the blocks each week. Take what you need from this lesson and leave what you don’t. If your sewing routine differs from mine THAT’S OKAY! I sew every single day and require this kind of efficiency, but you may prefer something slower. There’s nothing wrong with that.
- Always use fabrics you love. It makes everything more fun!
Got Kwilts is offering 15% off thru September 7. Use coupon code HELLOPOSY. (US based customers only. Cannot be combined with any other discounts. Cannot be used on pre-orders.)
I’ll be choosing a winner for this week on August 23.
Winner 1 will receive:
Bullfrog Quilting (contact on Instagram) – Free edge-to-edge longarming services on any $.015 designs. Quilt must be postmarked by Sept. 30, 2022.
Pineapple Fabrics – 1 fat quarter bundle (US only)
Winner 2 will receive:
Got Kwilts – Edge to edge quilting on one Hello Posy finished quilt top which will include longarming, thread, batting and return shipping. Quilt must be received by December 31, 2022.
Bessie Pearl – $25 gift certificate
Winner 3 will receive:
Quilt Sandwich Fabrics – 8-piece Nonna Bundle + 2 yards of each of three Dinara Mirtalipova ribbons
Meander + Make – Free Hello Posy quilt label
To be eligible for the prizes above:
- Post your progress on Instagram for your quilt using the #helloposyqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning. If you’ve never used Instagram before, I have this tutorial.
- You MUST be following myself and ALL of the sponsors to win any prize on Instagram (I do check this before choosing winners). Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible:
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations. Prize is void if the sponsor is unwilling to ship out of the US.
- A winner/winners will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Take a class at
Quilt ClassGet an extra helping hand and detailed instruction for specific projects or entire quilts!
I love watching the blocks build up each week during a quilt along. And I really love quilting alongs for accountability. It so helps keeps me focused. I hope that’s true for you too! However, if you are behind, don’t sweat it! These posts aren’t going anywhere and they’ll be here when you get to it. Give yourself some grace and enjoy the process, regardless of where you are.
- Carol‘s blocks are sooo happy!!
- Watching Kristine makes this quilt in Cinnamon Tea makes me very happy!
- Lorrie is going with all solids. The quilting is going to look so great!
- Daniela‘s blocks have a glowy look about them. Love!
- I cannot wait to see all of Joyce‘s blocks when she gets them done. Gorgeousness!