Yes, yes! It’s flimsy time!!!
Don’t forget to snag you a custom printed quilt label for your Attic Window quilt.
Fabrics I’m Using
Foreground: 14 of the prints from my upcoming fabric collection Garden Therapy
Background: Kona Yarrow solid
This Week’s Task
This week our task is to finish our quilt top!
About the Video
Don’t have time for the full video? Skip to the parts that you need using the minutes below.
- Minutes 0-1:11 is a recap and a chat
- Minutes 1:11-4:54 is getting our setting triangles sorted
- Minutes 4:54-6:38 is getting our background on the wall and a chat about how to go at sewing the rows
- Minutes 6:38-12:02 is a look at sewing and pressing the row
- Minutes 12:02-13:38 is more chats about the rows
- Minutes 13:37-15:20 is about nesting the seams on each row and getting points to line up nicely
- Minutes 15:20-17:42 is about pressing the rows and the corner triangle
- Minutes 17:42-19:58 is chat about the second half of the quilt top and how to approach it
- Remaining minutes is a show about my own finished quilt top and some finishing thoughts
Supplies Used in the Video
- Project box
- Wool pressing mat
- Reliant Maven iron
- Rotary Cutter and chain piecing snips are from Havel’s Sewing (use my ambassador coupon SOUTHERNCHARM7 and receive $7 off any purchase over $25)
- Fiskers cutting mat
- Creative Grids small ruler
- Juki 2000 sewing machine
- Magic pins
- Aussie 2 sewing cabinet , Dingo cutting table and Princess Hazel hydraulic sewing chair are from Arrow Sewing (use my ambassador coupon code MELANIE20 for 20% off)
Grab a copy of my book,
A Life With Quilts-Featuring five quilt patterns, throw to twin size. -Most of the pattern are scrap and fat quarter friendly. -All patterns are for all skill levels. -Includes methods and tips for choosing fabrics, finishing a quilt and personal stories.
- Keep track of block orientation! It’s especially important for the setting triangles.
- Here’s a tutorial for the design wall.
Get access to the Free Pattern Library
In addition to all of my free patterns, you’ll be able to stay connected and know when the next quilt along is or when a new quilt pattern becomes available.
There is a limited time on some of these discounts!
Plain Janes & Co – Offering 10% off anything in the shop. Use coupon code ATTIC10 (good until November 9)
Thai Charm – 25% off all longarming on Attic Window Quilts (December 9 deadline)
Brown Eyed Quilter – 15% off all longarming on Attic Window Quilts
Autumn Moon Quilting – 10% off longarming for finished quilts with code ATTICWINDOW
Just Sew – 20% off longarm quilting coupon for the first 10 people who DM @justsewstudio using #atticwindowquilt
Quilt Sandwich Fabrics – We are offering the coupon code ATTICWINDOWS for 10% off our Tilda Fabric selection from October 1 – November 15.
Thank you to our sponsors
Please take a moment and reach out to our sponsors and give them a thank you. A shoutout on social media would be lovely! Copy and paste the list below in your next Instagram post showing your quilt top.
Giving them attention makes it easier for me to get sponsors on the next quilt along. I really appreciate you helping me out with this!
Just a head’s up. I’m working on an online class called Finish It. It’s all about finishing quilt tops and teaches ALL THE SKILLS needed to do so. I’d love it if you checked it out here.
THANK YOU for making this quilt with me! I’ve loved each week of chatting, oohing and ahhing with you.
- Julie‘s quilt on the wall is 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻!
- Ashley‘s happy quilt top is complete!
- Carol‘s quilt is going to have scrappy background.
- I love Linda‘s color palette!
- I am love Danae’s quilt! So crisp!