I am enjoying my own progress! And I’m enjoying watching yours too. Thank you to everyone who tags me on Instagram, so that I can see them. It’s been fun seeing all the different fabrics you are using!
Fabrics I’m Using
Foreground: 14 of the prints from my upcoming fabric collection Garden Therapy
Background: Kona Yarrow solid
This Week’s Task
This week our task is to make another 14 blocks. This will bring our total to 42/56.
One little caveat! I think I mentioned in this video that the prizes this week was longarming. 🤦🏻♀️ That’s actually not until the final giveaway. Sorry for the mixup!
About the Video
Don’t have time for the full video? Skip to the parts that you need using the minutes below.
- Minutes 0-4:31 is a recap and a chat about staying motivated
- Minutes 4:31-6:13 is a look at blocks on the design wall
- Remaining minutes are a chat about the quilt along and prizes
Supplies Used in the Video
- 100% cotton batting for the design wall
- Foam core board for the design wall (I used a bunch of these sizes and taped them together on both sizes)
Grab a copy of my book,
A Life With Quilts-Featuring five quilt patterns, throw to twin size. -Most of the pattern are scrap and fat quarter friendly. -All patterns are for all skill levels. -Includes methods and tips for choosing fabrics, finishing a quilt and personal stories.
- My biggest tip about staying motivated is to put your completed blocks somewhere you can see them. Having them on the design wall really keeps me motivated. Like I discussed in the video, walking by it and seeing them there keeps me excited and in the right frame of mind to finish. Here’s my design wall post.
- If you are struggling with the pace of the quilt along, that’s okay! It’s important for maintaining your joy to sew at a pace that works best for you.
- There isn’t anything wrong with having a lot of WIPs! Give yourself some grace. Starting new projects is fun, and we needed all the moments of joy that we can scrounge up.
Get access to the Free Pattern Library
In addition to all of my free patterns, you’ll be able to stay connected and know when the next quilt along is or when a new quilt pattern becomes available.
Plain Janes & Co – Offering 10% off anything in the shop. Use coupon code ATTIC10 (good until November 9)
Thai Charm – 25% off all longarming on Attic Window Quilts (December 9 deadline)
Brown Eyed Quilter – 15% off all longarming on Attic Window Quilts
Autumn Moon Quilting – 10% off longarming for finished quilts with code ATTICWINDOW
Just Sew – 20% off longarm quilting coupon for the first 10 people who DM @justsewstudio using #atticwindowquilt
Quilt Sandwich Fabrics – We are offering the coupon code ATTICWINDOWS for 10% off our Tilda Fabric selection from October 1 – November 15.
Winner 1 will receive:
The Grey Fincy Company – $100 gift card
White Plains Quilts – 3 Patterns
Winner 2 will receive:
Havel’s Sewing – Goodie bag
Slightly Biased Quilts – 2 PDF patterns
Meander + Make – An Attic Window Quilt label
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #atticwindowqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and ALL of the sponsors to win any prize (I do check this before choosing winners). Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible:
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations. Prize is void if the sponsor is unwilling to ship out of the US.
- A winner/winners will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Take a class at
Quilt ClassGet an extra helping hand and detailed instruction for specific projects or entire quilts!
Thanks for showing up here each week to sew along with me. It's fun making a quilt together, right?!
- Mrisha is making BEAUTIFULNESS!
- Traci is making fun reels for her pretty blocks.
- Another fun reel! This time from Ashley.
- This was fun to watch! From Danae.
- Piper is going super scrappy. And another fun reel!