We start Lulu Louise today! So excited to make this with you. It will be my second chance to make this quilt. It’s my most favorite from the book!
This Week’s Task
This week we will be choosing and cutting our fabrics, and then getting everything organized.
It’s important to stay organized while making Lulu Louise. It’s all beginner friendly straight line sewing, but if you get something out of order you’ll get frustrated.
In the video below, I’ll show you how I go about choosing and deciding on placement for the fabrics. I’ll show you how to get everything cut and readied, and then we’ll organize it.
Keep in mind that when it comes to how to choose fabrics and their placement, I’m showing you what I like and my own opinions. If you want to do something different, GO FOR IT! This is your quilt! Always do your own thing!
- You WILL NOT mess up the placement of your fabrics. I know I gave you a lot to think about in the video, but if your fabrics look pretty together all will be well! This is just a moment to play with them. Don’t overthink it!
- Do not skip the stacking the foreground up into stacks. This is going to be important for next week’s task when we go into chain piecing.
- Labeling the background will make it easier when it comes time to use them. I know it can be a little fussy to do it, but it really is more efficient.
- There’s a lot of cutting in Lulu and it can be easy to lose your place if you are going down the list. Check off the cutting instructions you’ve already done to keep yourself on track.
- RELAX! This is playtime. It’s meant to be good for your soul. No reason to rush! Break up everything you saw me do in the video into several days. There’s no sense in cutting up all your fabrics at once if your feet need to rest or your hands are sore.
Jenae of Vintage Stitch is offering 20% off quilting (quilting service only) for any Lulu Louise quilt. Use the coupon code LULULOUISEQAL when filling out your form on her site. Offer expires July 31, 2022.
I’ll be choosing a winner on March 8. If you’ve never used Instagram before, I have this tutorial.
Winner will receive:
From Meander + Make – A $25 account credit
From Thai Charm – 2 PDF patterns of your choice
From Dame & Dane Quilting Co – AGF fabric bundle of Velvet by Amy Sinbaldi
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #lululouiseqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and all of the sponsors to win ANY prize. Follow all of these accounts and you won’t have any problems: @southerncharmquilts, @seams_sew_me, @bessiepearl, @slightlybiasedquilts, @quilting_mayhem, @VintageStitch_by_Jenae, @NataliaBonner, @SanDiegoSewn, @ThaiCharmLLC, @DameandDaneQuiltingCo, @Pennily_Quilt_Shop, @ChelseaAllenStudios and @MeanderandMake
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations or substitutions if you are international to them.
- A winner will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t be able to track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
One of my favorite things about quilting is when I don’t feel like getting dressed, I can still sew away in my jammies. 😉
I’m so looking forward to making this quilt with you. Thanks for joining me!
- (this section coming next week)