So excited that this will be our last round with blocks. I am quite antsy to see this quilt top come to life. How is yours going?
Fabrics I’m Using
Foreground: 14 of the prints from my upcoming fabric collection Garden Therapy
Background: Kona Yarrow solid
This Week’s Task
This week our task is to make our final 14 blocks. This will bring our total to 56/56.
About the Video
Don’t have time for the full video? Skip to the parts that you need using the minutes below.
- Minutes 0-1:03 is a recap and a chat
- Minutes 1:03-3:22 is a look at blocks on the design wall again and a chat about sorting them out
- Remaining minutes are a chat about the quilt along and prizes
Supplies Used in the Video
- 100% cotton batting for the design wall
- Foam core board for the design wall (I used a bunch of these sizes and taped them together on both sizes)
Grab a copy of my book,
A Life With Quilts-Featuring five quilt patterns, throw to twin size. -Most of the pattern are scrap and fat quarter friendly. -All patterns are for all skill levels. -Includes methods and tips for choosing fabrics, finishing a quilt and personal stories.
- It’s all about staying motivated now. We are about to cross over the finish line and you deserve all those yummy feelings. If you are behind, so what? You’ll cross the finish line soon too! Be kind to yourself.
- Taking your time and gazing at your block layout will help you find the things that irk you. Like too many dark colors all jammed together in one place. I like taking my time with this step.
- Here’s that tutorial for the design wall.
Get access to the Free Pattern Library
In addition to all of my free patterns, you’ll be able to stay connected and know when the next quilt along is or when a new quilt pattern becomes available.
Plain Janes & Co – Offering 10% off anything in the shop. Use coupon code ATTIC10 (good until November 9)
Thai Charm – 25% off all longarming on Attic Window Quilts (December 9 deadline)
Brown Eyed Quilter – 15% off all longarming on Attic Window Quilts
Autumn Moon Quilting – 10% off longarming for finished quilts with code ATTICWINDOW
Just Sew – 20% off longarm quilting coupon for the first 10 people who DM @justsewstudio using #atticwindowquilt
Quilt Sandwich Fabrics – We are offering the coupon code ATTICWINDOWS for 10% off our Tilda Fabric selection from October 1 – November 15.
Winner 1 will receive:
Autumn Moon Quilting – Free longarming for one finished quilt- recipient pays shipping
Just Sew – 3 yard bundle of Moda fabric and a Fabric Cafe pattern
Winner 2 will receive:
Brown Eyed Quilter – Computerized longarming services for one finished quilt – recipient pays shipping
Quilt Sandwich Fabrics – Autumn Solids Fat Quarter Bundle (10 Painter’s Palette Solids in Autumn colors), 1 yard of Tilda Chic Escape WhimsyFlower in Grey and 1 yard of Chic Escape Vase Collection in Mustard
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #atticwindowqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and ALL of the sponsors to win any prize (I do check this before choosing winners). Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible:
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations. Prize is void if the sponsor is unwilling to ship out of the US.
- A winner/winners will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Take a class at
Quilt ClassGet an extra helping hand and detailed instruction for specific projects or entire quilts!
I am jumping up and down. 56 blocks is A LOT! They were small, but still! SO MANY PIECES! Be proud of yourself for getting them done.
I'm particularly smitten with the block pictured above. Those moths magically got placed in such a lovely place to showcase them. Aren't happy accidents the best?
- Loving Jen's work.
- Julie's blocks are GORGEOUS!
- Sue's work is preeeety!
- Can't wait to see what background Angie will use.
- Omigosh, the gorgeousness of Steph!