Hey hey! Today I have a video for you discussing the many different threads I use for all the different tasks of making a quilt. Scroll below to watch!
This post is a part of a series called Notions & Tools.
I am always ready to find notions or tools that can help make my quilting life easier and happier.
Links + Tools from the video
- For Piecing I like So Fine from Superior
- For All Quilting (fmq and straight line) I like
- For Hand and Machine Applique + Hand and Machine Finishing for binding I like Microquilter by Superior
- For Handwork like Chunky Stitch Binding, Chunky Stitch Hand Quilting and Embroidery I like DMC #8 Pearl Cotton
- For English Paper Piecing I like The Bottom Line by Superior
- Cone Stand for when your machine doesn’t offer a place for cones
- Project boxes – Purchase them here
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and purchase an item I may earn a tiny commission. You will not pay any extra by doing so. This is just a means for me to bring you free content. If you do purchase something I have linked to, THANK YOU for supporting me. Big hugs!
Grab a copy of my book,
A Life With Quilts-Featuring five quilt patterns, throw to twin size. -Most of the pattern are scrap and fat quarter friendly. -All patterns are for all skill levels. -Includes methods and tips for choosing fabrics, finishing a quilt and personal stories.
Quilt making is the process of thoughtful stitching, design, care, heart, mindfullness and time to create a practical, warm piece of usable art.
My name is Melanie and I'm happy you are here.
Do you make quilts too? I'd love to hear from you.
Really good information on thread in your video Melanie! Thank you so much for it! I’m not bashing Aurifil brand, but there are a lot of other great brands out there!
Glad you enjoyed it!