So, here I am again. Talking to you about fabrics! I don’t mind because I reallllly have a thing for them, and if you tune into this post every Monday you prob have a thing for fabrics too! Don’t we all?
Last week, I was browsing Etsy and not sure if you know, but there are A LOT of adorable fabric shops on Etsy. Like you could get lost on there. I found a ‘new to me’ fabric shop called Modern Studio Fabrics. What I found cool about this shop is that all it sells is basics. Yes! I really want my stash to be made up of predominantly basics, so this is a real win for me.
My low volume stash has been at an all time low, and these were all on sale. The sale is over now, but still, these are great fabrics!
Here’s what I bought (left to right):
- Luster metallic Shakespeare from Zen Chic with Moda Fabrics
- Ariel in silvery from Carolyn Friedlander, the Friedlander line
- Figures in vapor from Zen Chic with Moda Fabrics
- Lula Magnolia Night in white by The Quilted Fish with Riley Blake Fabrics
- In our Stars in lunar by Heather Givans with Windham
- Library cards in on loan by Heather Givans with Windham (this one was out of stock, but can still be found here)
I’m the most excited about the “library cards”. So cute!! I can’t wait to use them.
And then this Shakespeare print is a very close second.
I know I go on and on quite often about low volumes and you see me purchasing them ALL. THE. TIME, but I use them in almost every quilt. They are like what white solid was to my great grandmother in her quilts. My go to. I NEED them. Quilts don’t feel like “me” until they are full of low volume fabrics.
This quilt was a personal favorite that I made. As you can see, it’s mostly low volumes.
Other low volume prints on my “gimme, gimme” list
- This bundle of “Bee Backgrounds” from the shop Sew Stitching Happy (love this shop as well btw). I like that she sells single fat quarters.
- White Vintage Picnic from Bonnie & Camille at the shop Farm Roads Quilts. This one makes my needlepoint loving heart bump big hearts. 🙂
- Also, this bundle from Lark Cottons. I love it when they choose them for you!
- Sweetness Rosey Red is also pleading with me to purchase! It had me at the tiny florals. Obviously!
- And finally, this 12 fat quarter bundle. I like the mix of it!
This coming Friday, we are starting the Little Miss Sawtooth Quilt along. I’ll be using my low volume stash for my background on this quilt. We will be making 15 star blocks and 15 low volume blocks that you can use fat quarters for or 6.5″ squares. I can’t wait to start this and I really hope you will be joining in!