This post is a part of the I am Enough quilt along that starts September 28, 2018 and ends February 1, 2019.
If this is the first time you are learning about this quilt along then please read this post to find out the intentions behind the quilt along and more details.
To view all the posts concerning this quilt along, click here.
To view the email archives of this quilt along, click here.
Don’t forget to post your progress on Instagram using the #IamEnoughquiltalong.
You are Enough
We start off today with some intentions of remembering that just because someone else is really good at something, doesn’t mean we are not. We all have different strengths in many different areas. One person being very good at something doesn’t say anything about our own self.
This Week’s Lesson
The lesson this week is about putting fabrics in color order and a little bit about light versus dark when it comes to making your blocks pop or not, whichever you prefer. If you are into rainbow quilts, you may already know how to color order fabrics. But if you are like me and not that into them, it doesn’t mean color order is not for us too. Try it out. I think you’ll enjoy it.
My Quilt Patterns
Our pattern this week is YOUR Color Wheel. It’s meant to be a reference for the rest of your quilt for what colors to use and to also feature at least one of every color you want to use in your quilt.
Fabrics I used
- Cosmic Sisters by Maureen Cracknell (the hands)
- Gather by Kelly Ventura (peach floral)
- Floral Notes by Kelly Ventura (peach text)
- A variety of the Botany collection by Kelly Ventura
- A few bits of C+S, including these strawberries
Charlotte’s Fusible Web is a new to me product. It takes the place of interfacing or adhesive when working on raw edge applique. The major benefit I have found is that it takes away the bulk or stiffness caused by those materials. When using Charlottes’ Fusible Web you simply have two fabrics on top of each other and nothing else.
I am Enough Quilt Along Schedule
- Pattern 1 – September 28 – YOUR Color Wheel
- Pattern 2 – October 12 – French Braid
- Pattern 3 – October 26 – Maker’s Hand, I am Enough + Monogram
- Pattern 4 – November 9 – Hourglasses
- Pattern 5 – November 23 – Trip Around the World
- Pattern 6 – December 7 – Scallop Border
- Pattern 7 – December 21 – Courthouse Steps
- Pattern 8 – January 4 – New York Beauties
- Pattern 9 – January 18 – Half Rectangle Triangles + Half Square Triangles
- Pattern 10 – February 1 – Finished Quilt Top
Get a personalized I am Enough quilt along label for your quilt.
- Introduction PDF
- YOUR Color Wheel pattern
- YOUR Color Wheel video tutorial
- Sign up for the I am Enough newsletter
- Personalized I am Enough quilt label