This post is a part of the I am Enough quilt along that starts September 28, 2018 and ends February 1, 2019.
If this is the first time you are learning about this quilt along then please read this post to find out the intentions behind the quilt along and more details.
To view all the posts concerning this quilt along, click here.
To view the email archives of this quilt along, click here.
Don’t forget to post your progress on Instagram using the #IamEnoughquiltalong.
You are Enough
Today is we are talking about understanding that you don’t have to be incredibly good at your hobbies. Mediocrity is perfectly acceptable when it comes to enjoying something you play with as a hobby.
This Week’s Lesson
The lesson this week is to learn to embroidery very basic stitches using what I call Chunky Fill In Embroidery, along with some more traditional embroidery. We will also be trying to use fabrics that make our applique or embroidery pop from it’s background.
Fabric Scrap Bundles for Sale
Our pattern this week is the Embroidery Blocks ( I am Enough, Maker’s Hand, and the Monogram). This pattern is meant for you to take your time and deliberately move slowly. Enjoy your hand stitching or learning to hand stitch. Get creative and be yourself. Change things to suit your own tastes.
Fabrics I used
For Maker’s Hand
- Background is Floral Notes in teal by Kelly Ventura of Windham Fabrics
- Actual hand is Rain in Cloud by Alexia Marcelle Abegg of Cotton and Steel
For I am Enough embroidery
For the Monogram
- Background is Strawberry in peach by Kim Kight of Cotton and Steel
- Letter is Floral Notes in navy by Kelly Ventura of Windham Fabrics
- Snip-Eze scissors
- Charlotte’s Fusible Web
- Pearl cotton
- Sashiko needle
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery hoop
- Water soluble marker
I am Enough Quilt Along Schedule
- Pattern 1 – September 28 – YOUR Color Wheel
- Pattern 2 – October 12 – French Braid
- Pattern 3 – October 26 – Maker’s Hand, I am Enough + Monogram
- Pattern 4 – November 9 – Hourglasses
- Pattern 5 – November 23 – Trip Around the World
- Pattern 6 – December 7 – Scallop Border
- Pattern 7 – December 21 – Courthouse Steps
- Pattern 8 – January 4 – New York Beauties
- Pattern 9 – January 18 – Half Rectangle Triangles + Half Square Triangles
- Pattern 10 – February 1 – Finished Quilt Top
Get a personalized I am Enough quilt along label for your quilt.
- Introduction PDF
- Embroidery Blocks pattern
- Embroidery Blocks video tutorial
- Sign up for the I am Enough newsletter
- Personalized I am Enough quilt label
Havel’s Tools I use in the video
- X-Large reversible cutting mat
- Snip-Eze Scissors
- 5.5″ Embroidery Scissors
- 7″ Serrated Fabric Scissors