We made it to the last week! Can I just say that y’all are the most amazing people? I’ve had nothing but positive interactions that have been fun, encouraging and have made me oohs and aahs over all of your beautiful quilts. I have SO enjoyed myself. I truly hope you did too! The #badgirlquilt is now packed full of tons of dreamy versions of the same quilt in all different styles and colors. I’m so pleased! Thank you! Thank you for joining in, thank you for your support, and thank you for being the friendliest and kindest bunch of quilters the world ever did see.
This Week’s Sponsor
I’ll be announcing the winner this evening.
This Week’s Task
This week we are sewing all our blocks together to finish our quilt tops. One of the most thrilling steps in my opinion. You really see your work come together!
You’ll be finishing up your quilt on your own time, but here are some tutorials if you need help with that:
- For your backing, you’ll cut (2) 66″ cuts and sew those pieces together on the long edge. Then trim down the length to 78″.
- I have a wall basting tutorial here.
- Here’s a free motion quilting tutorial. Prefer to tie your quilt? I’ve got a tutorial for that here.
- And a binding tutorial. Here’s one with scrappy binding.
Get a personalized Bad Girl quilt along label for your quilt.
- Week 1 post
- Week 2 post
- Week 3 post
- Week 4 post
- Week 5 post
- Week 6 post
- Week 7 post
- Bad Girl pattern
- Bad Girl quilt along signups
- Personalized Bad Girl quilt label
- Video tutorial for the half rectangle triangles
- My first Bad Girl quilt, and my second
- Can a beginner make the Bad Girl quilt? (post)
- Orange Grove fabric bundle
- Midnight Garden fabric bundle
- Making Scrappy Low Volume Backgrounds (post)
- Supplies I’m using: Dresden ruler, Charlotte’s fusible web, fussy cut rulers
The Ruby Beatrice Quilt
Thanks again for participating! Your support means the world.
What’s next? This coming Wednesday I’ll be releasing all of the details for a new quilt along with Havel’s Sewing that starts this fall. I do hope you’ll join me for that one as well. Hugs and happy sewing!
Whispers Low Volume Fabric Bundle
- 10 pieces
- Fat quarters or half yard cuts
- Extra yummy