Welcome to week 3! After this week, you’ll have a whole smattering of blocks and will really be able to see your quilt start taking shape. Fuuunnnn! Anyway, if you are ahead of us, yay you! If you are behind us, don’t even worry about it. The quilt along is here to provide some structure, but there are no rules. So be free!
Fabrics I’m Using
- Mindful Tumbleweed
- Lara’s Garden Sunshine
- Calmness Oaky Peach
- Daily Rituals Pinky Peach
- Catch Your Breath Golden
- Pure Cinnamon
- Tiny Flowers Melon
- Peach Texture
- You Belong Gulf White
- You Belong Baby White
- Stitchy Eggshell
- Milkweed Float
- Pampas Grass Tan
- Dottie Dark
- Milkweed Fall
- Stitchy Offwhite
- Itty Bitty Daisies Glow
- Itty Bitty Daisies Glum
- Pampas Grass Blush
- Handdrawn Sawtooth White
- Pom Pom White
This Week’s Task
Our task this week is to make another 6 blocks.
Tools from video
- Binding clips can be found here.
- I use Best Press starch. Find it here. (affiliate link)
- My wool pressing mat is from Precision Quilting Tools. Find it here. (affiliate link)
- My iron is a Reliant Maven. You can find it here. (affiliate link)
- All of my cutting tools (snips, scissors, rotary cutter) are from Havel’s Sewing. Use my ambassador coupon SOUTHERNCHARM7 and receive $7 off any purchase of $25 at Havel’s Sewing.
- My cutting mat is by Fiskars and can be found here. (affiliate link)
- I’m sewing on a Juki 2000qi. Find it here on Amazon or here at Sewing Machines Plus. (affiliate link)
- In the video, I go into my own personal workflow of blockmaking on the Sassy Granny blocks. Obvs, this is the way it works out best for me. We are all so very different, so if my way isn’t for you, find one that’s more to your own liking. There is no wrong way!
- If you are blocks aren’t coming out the correct size, turn it over and measure your seam allowances with a ruler. Are they all 1/4″? More than likely this is where you’ll find an error when it comes to block size.
- Have fun! It’s a privilege to be able to carve out some time in your day to quilt. Be sure that you are enjoying it.
TWO discounts on longarm services!
Brown Eyed Quilter is offering 20% off quilting (quilting service only) for any Sassy Granny quilt. Use the coupon code SASSYGRANNYQAL when filling out your form on her site. Offer expires August 1, 2022.
Quilty Lab Creations is offering 15% off quilting (quilting service only) for any Sassy Granny quilt. Use the coupon code SASSYGRANNYQAL when filling out your form on her site. Offer expires August 1, 2022.
I’ll be choosing a winner on May 24. If you’ve never used Instagram before, I have this tutorial.
Winner will receive:
Autumn Moon Quilting – Longarming services for your Sassy Granny quilt (does not include shipping)
Plain Janes & Co – $45 gift certificate
Pennily Quilt Shop – Nectarine Fusion FQ bundle
Meander + Make – Sassy Granny quilt label
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #sassygrannyqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and all of the sponsors to win ANY prize. Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible: @southerncharmquilts, @seams_sew_me, @bessiepearl, @slightlybiasedquilts, @quilting_mayhem, @NataliaBonner, @SanDiegoSewn, @ThaiCharmLLC, @Pennily_Quilt_Shop, @CrimsonConfection, @BrownEyedQuilter, @PlainJanesAndCo, @AutumnMoonQuilting, @BrittanyTunison, @QuiltyLabCreations, @InterwovenFabrics, @SoapEscape and @MeanderandMake.
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations or substitutions if you are international to them.
- A winner will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t be able to track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Get all your blocks laid out together and be proud of yourself. You are a beautiful, talented quilt maker who deserves a pat on the back!
- Look at Debbie‘s gorgeous blocks!
- Jen, as always is doing beautiful things.
- OMG, I love Elaine‘s block!
- Love this pic of Carrie‘s.
- Loving the color palette for Rori‘s quilt!