This is going to be fun! What I like about this quilt is it’s no fuss and you really get to play with colors. It offers up large blocks and nothing you have to think about too much! If you can sew a straight line, you can make this quilt!
Fabrics I’m Using
- Mindful Tumbleweed
- Lara’s Garden Sunshine
- Calmness Oaky Peach
- Daily Rituals Pinky Peach
- Catch Your Breath Golden
- Pure Cinnamon
- Tiny Flowers Melon
- Peach Texture
- You Belong Gulf White
- You Belong Baby White
- Stitchy Eggshell
- Milkweed Float
- Pampas Grass Tan
- Dottie Dark
- Milkweed Fall
- Stitchy Offwhite
- Itty Bitty Daisies Glow
- Itty Bitty Daisies Glum
- Pampas Grass Blush
- Handdrawn Sawtooth White
- Pom Pom White
This Week’s Task
Our task this week is to cut all of our fabrics and then organize them. You’ll organize the foreground by fabric and the background by size.
- Starch, starch, starch like I always say. It will help you be more capable of accuracy in your cutting and piecing. I like this stuff here.
- Remember you have a whole week to get this done. No need to do all in one day, unless of course you are in the zone. 🙂
- Play with those fabrics! Come up with a color palette that warms up your heart and makes you squeal.
- Think about the scale of the prints. Smaller prints are best for small squares. Although if your print is squeezed altogether on the fabric this may not matter.
- Don’t choose colors that are almost the same shade. Even being able to differentiate a little is best!
- If you want to go your own way, DOOOO ITTT! This is your quilt! Make it how you want it!
TWO discounts on longarm services!
Brown Eyed Quilter is offering 20% off quilting (quilting service only) for any Sassy Granny quilt. Use the coupon code SASSYGRANNYQAL when filling out your form on her site. Offer expires August 1, 2022.
Quilty Lab Creations is offering 15% off quilting (quilting service only) for any Sassy Granny quilt. Use the coupon code SASSYGRANNYQAL when filling out your form on her site. Offer expires August 1, 2022.
I’ll be choosing a winner on May 10. If you’ve never used Instagram before, I have this tutorial.
Quilting Mayhem – $50 gift certificate
Interwoven Fabrics – 8-piece fat quarter bundle
Slightly Biased Quilts – 2 PDFs of your choice
Soap Escape – 3″ quilt block candle
Meander + Make – Sassy Granny quilt label
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #sassygrannyqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and all of the sponsors to win ANY prize. Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible: @southerncharmquilts, @seams_sew_me, @bessiepearl, @slightlybiasedquilts, @quilting_mayhem, @NataliaBonner, @SanDiegoSewn, @ThaiCharmLLC, @Pennily_Quilt_Shop, @CrimsonConfection, @BrownEyedQuilter, @PlainJanesAndCo, @AutumnMoonQuilting, @BrittanyTunison, @QuiltyLabCreations, @InterwovenFabrics, @SoapEscape and @MeanderandMake.
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations or substitutions if you are international to them.
- A winner will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t be able to track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Yay! So this was a huge task getting this cut up, but doing it upfront will move things along during the following weeks. We’ll be able to grab our pieces and get to making our blocks. I’m excited!
- (coming soon!)