This post is a part of the Para Para Quilt Along. Below is a list of all the posts and articles on this series.
- Announcement – Sign ups and Details
- Bundles + Supplies Video Chat
- Spirit Bundle For Para Para Quilt
- Scrappy Background Kit for Para Para Quilt
- Prizes and Giveaways
- Week #1 – Half Square Triangles
- Week #2 – Tree Trunks
- Week #3 – Finish Section 1
- Week #4 – Section 2 – Light of Mine Blocks
- Week #5 – Section 3 – Sweet Spot Blocks
- Week #6 – Section 4 – Fading Light Stars
- Week #7 – Section 5 – Bow Tie Blocks
- Week #8 – Section 6 – Girl in the Corner Blocks
- Week #9 – Finished Quilt Top
Firstly, ignore that my mug above says “merry christmas”. Lol. It’s a favorite because of size and shape.
I hope you have been happy and well this past week. We are off to make out Girl in the Corner blocks this round. So simple. It’s a perfect week to use for catching up and getting on track.
This Week’s Task
We’re working on section #6 this round, the Girl in the Corner blocks. There’s only four of them and they end up as the four corners of your quilt top.
- Girl in the Corner blocks would be a good time for fussy cutting if you are inclined.
- This is another perfect moment for chain piecing.
Fabrics I’m using
I’m using Art Gallery Fabrics Spirited fabrics and Pure solid Macademia for my background.
Everything you need for Para Para in one place!
This Week’s Giveaway
This coming Thursday, I’ll be choosing a winner for this week’s giveaway, which I’ll announce over on Instagram on Thursday and here during the next post. All you have to do to be eligible to win is to post your progress over on Instagram using the #paraparaquiltqa. You can post as many times as you want. But be sure to tag me and following the sponsors below. The winner will be chosen randomly and is open internationally.
This week’s winner will get:
- Darn Good Yard Fabric of the Month Bundle – You must be following @DarnGoodYarn
- One pair of Warm Crochet Scissors -You must be following @Warm_Crochet
- 5.5″ Embroidery Scissors – You must be following @Havels_Sewing
- Ahmed Tea – You must be following @AhmadTea_USA
- 1 spool of thread from Aurifil – You must be following @AurifilThread
- 2 paper patterns from Southern Charm Quilts – aka. me
I’m so excited for this week’s winner and so happy to get to offer this to one of you, lovelies. If you can, do reach out and thank the sponsors. It helps me get them on board with prizes during the quilt alongs.
Discounts from the Sponsors Available to Everyone
- Warm Crochet is offering 10% off all scissors when you use code PARAPARAQUILT at checkout. Shop here.
- Havel’s is offering $7 off any purchase $25 or more when you use code SOUTHERNCHARM7 at checkout. Shop here.
- JCoterie is offering 20% off any longarm quilting on any quilt if you are participating in the quilt along. Sign up here.
Meander + Make and Hillstitches are both holding “First Finish” contests. Please read the rulers for that here. Faith has claimed the First Finish contest from Meander + Make. She has completely finished her Para Para quilt and wins 20 fat quarters. Sue has claimed the prize for the Australia + New Zealand First Finish contest.
Get the Bad Girl quilt pattern
I’m so grateful that you are showing up here each week and being so encouraging to myself and other participants. It’s fun making a quilt together, isn’t it? 🙂 It certainly takes my mind off the sad news I’m reading about each week and even if it’s just for a bit, that bit helps.
Get a personalized quilt label for your quilt.
Leave a Reply