This post is a part of the Para Para Quilt Along. Below is a list of all the posts and articles on this series.
- Announcement – Sign ups and Details
- Bundles + Supplies Video Chat
- Spirit Bundle For Para Para Quilt
- Scrappy Background Kit for Para Para Quilt
- Prizes and Giveaways
- Week #1 – Half Square Triangles
- Week #2 – Tree Trunks
- Week #3 – Finish Section 1
- Week #4 – Section 2 – Light of Mine Blocks
- Week #5 – Section 3 – Sweet Spot Blocks
- Week #6 – Section 4 – Fading Light Stars
- Week #7 – Section 5 – Bow Tie Blocks
- Week #8 – Section 6 – Girl in the Corner Blocks
- Week #9 – Finished Quilt Top
Hello, sweet lovelies! I’m so glad you are here. We’ve got a very simple block today to work on this week. Bow ties! Do you remember that bow tie quilt I finished long ago? Well, everytime I think of bow ties now, I think of my grandmother and how much I miss her.
The bow ties today are MUCH easier to make then those fussy hand stitched ones. Let’s get to it!
This Week’s Task
This week, we’ll be working on section #5. There are 8 Bow Tie blocks. This won’t take you much time to complete. It’s easy peasy this round!
- Make an easy block even easier by using the diagonal seam tape instead of drawing all those diagonal lines. It’s way faster.
- Remember to starch. It really helps making everything flat and crisp. Here’s my starch recipe if you’re interested.
- Have fun!
Fabrics I’m using
I’m using Art Gallery Fabrics Spirited fabrics and Pure solid Macademia for my background.
Everything you need for Para Para in one place!
This Week’s Giveaway
This coming Thursday, I’ll be choosing a winner for this week’s giveaway, which I’ll announce over on Instagram on Thursday and here during the next post. All you have to do to be eligible to win is to post your progress over on Instagram using the #paraparaquiltqa. You can post as many times as you want. But be sure to tag me and following the sponsors below. The winner will be chosen randomly and is open internationally.
This week’s winner will get:
- A pink mini iron from Oliso – You must be following @oliso
- One pair of Warm Crochet Scissors -You must be following @Warm_Crochet
- Dura Snips – You must be following @Havels_Sewing
- Ahmed Tea – You must be following @AhmadTea_USA
I’m so excited for this week’s winner and so happy to get to offer this to one of you, lovelies. If you can, do reach out and thank the sponsors. It helps me get them on board with prizes during the quilt alongs.
Discounts from the Sponsors Available to Everyone
- Warm Crochet is offering 10% off all scissors when you use code PARAPARAQUILT at checkout. Shop here.
- Havel’s is offering $7 off any purchase $25 or more when you use code SOUTHERNCHARM7 at checkout. Shop here.
- JCoterie is offering 20% off any longarm quilting on any quilt if you are participating in the quilt along. Sign up here.
Meander + Make and Hillstitches are both holding “First Finish” contests. Please read the rulers for that here. Faith has claimed the First Finish contest from Meander + Make. She has completely finished her Para Para quilt and wins 20 fat quarters. Sue has claimed the prize for the Australia + New Zealand First Finish contest.
Get the Bad Girl quilt pattern
I’m so grateful that you are showing up here each week and being so encouraging to myself and other participants. It’s fun making a quilt together, isn’t it? 🙂
These were fun little blocks to make!!