This post is a part of the Para Para Quilt Along. Below is a list of all the posts and articles on this series.
- Announcement – Sign ups and Details
- Bundles + Supplies Video Chat
- Spirit Bundle For Para Para Quilt
- Scrappy Background Kit for Para Para Quilt
- Prizes and Giveaways
- Week #1 – Half Square Triangles
- Week #2 – Tree Trunks
- Week #3 – Finish Section 1
- Week #4 – Section 2 – Light of Mine Blocks
- Week #5 – Section 3 – Sweet Spot Blocks
- Week #6 – Section 4 – Fading Light Stars
- Week #7 – Section 5 – Bow Tie Blocks
- Week #8 – Section 6 – Girl in the Corner Blocks
- Week #9 – Finished Quilt Top
Today we are discussing all the prizes for the Para Para quilt along. Below are all the sponsors I’ve gathered for the quilt along. Keep reading. There is a scheduled list of the prizes and a bonus prize below.
I’m very happy to get to offer these prizes to the weekly winners. If you can, do reach out and thank the sponsors. It helps me get them on board with prizes during my quilt alongs.
Discounts from the Sponsors Available to Everyone
- Warm Crochet is offering 10% off all scissors when you use code PARAPARAQUILT at checkout. Shop here.
- Havel’s is offering $7 off any purchase $25 or more when you use code SOUTHERNCHARM7 at checkout. Shop here.
- JCoterie is offering 20% off any longarm quilting on any quilt if you are participating in the quilt along. Sign up here.
How to be Eligible for Prizes
- Giveaways are open internationally.
- Post a photo or many photos using the hashtag #paraparaquiltqa on Instagram. Every post is an entry, and the more you post the better your odds.
- You must be following me and that week’s sponsors.
- You must tag me and that week’s sponsors in your post.
- You do not have to be caught up to win the weekly prizes. You just need to show progress on that week’s task.
- Prizes are awarded randomly, but I do check if you are following the sponsors. I do check to make sure you are following our sponsors before announcing a winner. Go ahead and follow all the sponsors now, so that you don’t forget.
- If you do not spell the hashtag correctly, I won’t see your post and you would not be entered, so double check that it’s correct.
- If your instagram account is set to private, I won’t see your post and you will not be entered. Consider changing your account to public during the quilt along or setting up a public account that just features your quilting (it doesn’t have to have personal info on it).
A Few Things
- Winners will be announced every Thursday after that week’s post. For example, our first post is on Friday the 14th, the winner will be chosen on Thursday the 20th.
- Winners will be announced every Thursday on Instagram and their post shared here on Friday.
- Please don’t post pages of the pattern in your feed. It’s okay if it’s the very first page of the pattern or the outer booklet, but not the others.
- If you are chosen as a winner, please contact me via email with PARA PARA in the subject line and include your name and address. If you don’t hear from me within a few days, email again. It might mean I didn’t receive your email or it went into my spam folder and I haven’t found it yet.
- If you are outside the US, you will be responsible for your own duties or customs fees. Your package will be marked as a “gift”. I’m not sure if that helps on these fees or not.
- Prize will be mailed the following week after awarded, assuming the winner has contacted me.
- I will add your email to the shipping confirmation so that you can keep up with tracking. I do not know how long it will take to arrive.
First Finish Bonus
There are two competitive bonus prizes that can be won! These are not meant to bring out your game face or stress you out, but just to be a fun extra. I’ve been told by many of you that the prizes motivate you and keeps you on track. Every quilt along, I always have several who jumps ahead and gets there quilt done. Why not reward these eager beavers for being so enthusiastic?!
Emma from Hillstitches and I (Meander + Make) have decided to do just that. We are calling it First Finish Bonus. There will be two winners.
How to Win
- First Para Para quilt top completed by a quilter living in Australia or New Zealand wins a 20 fat quarter bundle from Hillstitches.
- First Para Para quilt top completed by a quilter living anywhere but Australia or New Zealand wins a 20 fat quarter bundle from Meander + Make.
- This bonus starts right now.
- You cannot win if you tested this pattern for me.
- You must be signed up and participating in the quilt along.
- Every week’s step has to be photographed and posted on Instagram in individual posts. If you get three steps completed in a day, it’s acceptable to post each step in a single day. The Steps are: half square triangles, 4-Patch Tree Trunks, completed Section 1, Light of Mine blocks, Sweet Spot blocks, Fading Light Stars, Bow Ties, Girl in the Corner, and Finished Quilt top.
- You must be tagging @hillstitchesfabricshop if you live in Australia or New Zealand or @meanderandmake if you live anywhere else in each of your posts.
- You must be following @hillstitchesfabricshop and @meanderandmake.
- You must be using the #paraparaquiltqa on each of your posts.
- If you think you’ve won, email me and include your Instagram handle so I can check your feed and verify rules were followed.
- Winner has to email me. If you fail to do so or somebody does it before you, prize will go to the first person who emailed that has all their posts done correctly.
I’m trying to make this as fair and fun as possible and easy for me and Emma to verify. Let’s all stay classy and kind too.
Everything you need for Para Para in one place!
- Week 1 – 2/14 to 2/20 – A pink mini iron from Oliso, a pair of scissors from Warm Crochet, a 45 mm rotary cutter from Havel’s Sewing, and a variety of tea from Ahmed Tea
- Week 2 – 2/21 to 2/27 – A Daylight desk lamp, a pair of scissors from Warm Crochet, a 45 mm rotary cutter from Havel’s Sewing, and a variety of tea from Ahmed Tea
- Week 3 – 2/28 to 3/5 – Darn Good Yarn Fabric of the Month bundle, a pair of scissors from Warm Crochet, 7″ serrated scissors from Havel’s Sewing, spool of Aurifil thread, 2 paper patterns from Southern Charm Quilts, and a variety of tea from Ahmed Tea
- Week 4 – 3/6 to 3/12 – Art Gallery Fabrics fat quarter bundle of Spirited by Sharon Holland, a pair of scissors from Warm Crochet, 60 mm rotary cutter from Havel’s Sewing, and a variety of tea from Ahmed Tea
- Week 5 – 3/13 to 3/19 – Longarm quilting on one quilt from Jcoterie up to $200 (shipping not included), a pair of scissors from Warm Crochet, 7″ serrated scissors from Havel’s Sewing, and a variety of tea from Ahmed Tea
- Week 6 – 3/20 to 3/26 – Riley Blake gift set (mini mat, ruler, pins), a pair of scissors from Warm Crochet, 5.5″ embroidery scissors from Havel’s Sewing, and a variety of tea from Ahmed Tea
- Week 7 – 3/27 to 4/2 – A pink mini iron from Oliso, a pair of scissors from Warm Crochet, Dura Snips from Havel’s Sewing, and a variety of tea from Ahmed Tea
- Week 8 – 4/3 to 4/9 – Darn Good Yarn Fabric of the Month bundle, a pair of scissors from Warm Crochet, 5.5″ embroidery scissors from Havel’s Sewing, spool of Aurifil thread, 2 paper patterns from Southern Charm Quilts, and a variety of tea from Ahmed Tea
- Week 9 – 4/10 to 4/16 – $50 gift certificate to Meander + Make, a pair of scissors from Warm Crochet, Dura Snips from Havel’s Sewing, 2 paper patterns from Southern Charm Quilts, and a variety of tea from Ahmed Tea
I think that’s everything. I hope I’ve done a decent job of organizing (fingers crossed). It’s been an endeavor! Good luck on the prizes. Don’t forget we start next Friday.
Have a good weekend!
Sign Up for the Para Para Quilt Along!
Charlotte Bent says
Thanks for the research and advice on thread. When I use up my Aurifil, I’ll order Sulky Cotton & Steel. Looking forward to your needle research!
Wow, those are amazing prize bundles!
Wow! These are awesome prizes!! I’m so excited to start my first quilt along! 🙂