It’s release day for the Moon Goddess quilt. It currently on sale and will be all weekend long.
There have already been several posts on Moon Goddess if you missed them:
- Work in Progress – Moon Goddess #1
- Quilt Reveal – Moon Goddess #1
- Work in Progress – Moon Goddess #2
There are also a few tutorials to go along with Moon Goddess (almost all of them are public, but there’s a few that you have to purchase the pattern to view):
- How to make HRTs without the ruler
- How to make HRTs with the ruler
- How to make square in a square units
- How to snowball corners
- How to read and cut the fat quarters using the diagrams
- How to make the diamond unit in the Goddess block
Get the Moon Goddess quilt pattern!
This quilt has BIG blocks and plays with the half rectangle triangle shape.
Moon Goddess is written to use fat quarters. They are my favorite cut of fabric, and I’m in the habit of purchasing them more often than other cuts. Perhaps you have quite the collection of them too? There are cutting graphs included in this pattern to make cutting easier and prevent fabric waste.
- Blogged about the quilts I made with this pattern here.
- Pattern available in PDF and paper booklet format
- Skill Level: Intermediate (but only because of how involved the piecing is)
- Speed: Fairly time consuming
- Skills you will learn: Half rectangle triangles, snowball corners and square in a square units
- Instructions for FOUR sizes of quilts: small throw – 64″ square, twin – 64×80″, queen – 80×96″, and bigger queen – 96″ square
- Video tutorials included for almost every step
- 9 illustrated pages
- Pattern has lots of helpful links included (including methods for basting, quilting and binding)
- Get the HALF RECTANGLE RULER for easier construction
- Use #MoonGoddessQuilt for sharing on Instagram
Here’s a look at a few of my testers’ Moon Goddess quilts.
Be sure to have at a look at the #moongoddessquilt on Instagram. There are many more tester versions there.
Here’s a peek at my quilting progress on my second version of Moon Goddess. I’m currently still finishing it up and hope to show it to you next week.
Remember that the pattern will be on sale through this coming Sunday. I can’t wait to see what you do with it. Don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram or send me an email with pictures. I love looking at it.
Also, we have bundles ready, the HRT ruler, and personalized quilt labels all made for this quilt. You can find those here if you are interested.