It’s release day for the Sugar Bear quilt. Finally!! We are having a sale on all of our patterns today and tomorrow ONLY. Find all patterns here.
Sugar Bear quilt posts:
Block Working Videos:
If you haven’t signed up for the quilt along yet, you can do so here. We start March 17.
Bundles + Supplies
We have the kit page here. You’ll find supplies that you might want to pick up, and also bundles that we curated especially for Sugar Bear.
Sugar Bear is a spin on the traditional and popular bear claw block. Instead of using half square triangles as the “claws”, this pattern uses half rectangle triangles, giving it a more modern look.
Sugar Bear is also a sampler quilt (every block is unique) and meant to read and worked through as a quilt along. Most of the fabric cutting will take with each block, though we will cut all the background prior to working on the blocks.
Since I’ve written this as a quilt along, you’ll notice at the bottom of most pages is a green box that will take you to a blog post with pictures, tips and tutorials for each block. This way you can work through the quilt in your own time and still get the feeling of working on your quilt with me.
This quilt is made easier with the use of the Half Rectangle Triangle Ruler by Southern Charm Quilts, find it here.
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- Skills Used: HRT, HST, Snowballing
- Speed: Fairly quick once you move past the half-rectangle triangles
- Size: 70×70″
- Video tutorials included for almost every step
- 17 illustrated pages
- Fat quarter friendly
- Pattern has lots of helpful links included (including methods for basting, quilting and binding)
- Find everything you need for Sugar Bear here
- Personalized quilt label especially for this quilt here
- Use #SugarBearQuilt for sharing on Instagram
Here’s a look at a few of my testers’ Sugar Bear quilts.
Be sure to have at a look at the #SugarBearQuilt on Instagram. There are many more versions there.