The posts in this series are all part of the Hello Posy Quilt Along.
To view all the posts, click here.
To join the quilt along, click here.
Pattern is in my book, A Life With Quilts. Get it here.
Hello! It’s block making time!! All the fun stuff is finally beginning!
Fabrics I’m Using
This Week’s Task
Our task this week is to make 6 blocks.
Supplies used in the video
Some of the links below are affiliate links
- Diagonal seam tape
- Wool pressing mat
- Reliant Maven iron
- All cutting tools are from Havel’s Sewing (Use my ambassador coupon SOUTHERNCHARM7 and receive $7 off any purchase over $25)
- Fiskers cutting mat
- Omnigrid rotating cutting mat
- Creative Grids small ruler
- Juki 2000 sewing machine
- Aussie 2 sewing cabinet (use my ambassador coupon code MELANIE20 for 20% off)
- Use starch liberally. It really does help keep everything crisp and flat. When your fabrics/patchwork are crisp and flat, it makes getting your points to line up easier and more attainable.
- I talked about diagonal seam tape in the video. Here’s a full tutorial for that here.
- Don’t be hard on yourself if your units aren’t exactly to size or a smidgen short. Patchwork units that use the snowball method are very difficult to get perfect. Cut yourself some slack. Your best is good enough.
- Play and have fun! I had the best time watching my fussy cut blocks come out. Both of the ones I did this week made me squeal. 🙂
Got Kwilts is offering 15% off thru September 7. Use coupon code HELLOPOSY. (US based customers only. Cannot be combined with any other discounts. Cannot be used on pre-orders.)
I’ll be choosing a winner on August 16. If you’ve never used Instagram before, I have this tutorial.
Winner 1 will receive:
Pineapple Fabrics – 1 fat quarter bundle (US only)
Seams Sew Me – Pin & Notion gift set
Winner 2 will receive:
Polka Dot Quilter – An AGF fat quarter bundle (US only)
Meander + Make – Free Hello Posy quilt label
Winner 3 will receive:
Quilt Cut – 7-piece Quilting Ruler Starter Set (US address only)
Slightly Biased – 2 PDF quilt patterns
To be eligible for the prizes above:
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #helloposyqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and ALL of the sponsors to win any prize (I do check this before choosing winners). Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible:
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations. Prize is void if the sponsor is unwilling to ship out of the US.
- A winner/winners will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Take a class at
Quilt ClassGet an extra helping hand and detailed instruction for specific projects or entire quilts!
I cannot wait to see your blocks! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram so I don’t miss them!
- Everyone’s organization of their pieces is making me smile. Look at Rori‘s. So great!
- Joyce has picked some beautiful fabrics!
- Daniela’s quilt is going to be stunning on the black background!
- I spy a Lavender Lush bundle going on with Ellen’s quilt.
- I LOVE Donna‘s fabric combination!
Leave a Reply