The posts in this series are all part of the Attic Window Quilt Along.
To view all the posts, click here.
To join the quilt along, click here.
Pattern is in my book, A Life With Quilts. Get it here.
Meet other participants here.
I hope you enjoyed sewing up blocks last week. We are continuing with that this week.
Fabrics I’m Using
Foreground: 14 of the prints from my upcoming fabric collection Garden Therapy
Background: Kona Yarrow solid
This Week’s Task
This week our task is to make another 14 blocks. This will bring our total to 28/56.
About the Video
Don’t have time for the full video? Skip to the parts that you need using the minutes below.
- Minutes 0-2:41 is a recap and a chat about the task and about workflow
- Minutes 2:41-6:77 is the workflow tutorial
- Minutes 6:77-7:10 is me showing you my blocks
- Remaining minutes are a chat about the quilt along and prizes
Supplies Used in the Video
- Juki 2000 sewing machine
- Binding clips
- Project box
- Wool pressing mat
- Reliant Maven iron
- Rotary Cutter is from Havel’s Sewing (use my ambassador coupon SOUTHERNCHARM7 and receive $7 off any purchase over $25)
- Starch by the gallon
- Aussie 2 sewing cabinet , Dingo cutting table and Princess Hazel hydraulic sewing chair are from Arrow Sewing (use my ambassador coupon code MELANIE20 for 20% off)
Grab a copy of my book,
A Life With Quilts-Featuring five quilt patterns, throw to twin size. -Most of the pattern are scrap and fat quarter friendly. -All patterns are for all skill levels. -Includes methods and tips for choosing fabrics, finishing a quilt and personal stories.
- If my workflow doesn’t work for you, find your own. We all have our preferences and it’s okay for yours to be different from mine.
- You can also make the workflow smaller. Maybe you’d prefer to just do 3 blocks at a time or 7. You are the boss!
Get access to the Free Pattern Library
In addition to all of my free patterns, you’ll be able to stay connected and know when the next quilt along is or when a new quilt pattern becomes available.
Plain Janes & Co – Offering 10% off anything in the shop. Use coupon code ATTIC10 (good until November 9)
Thai Charm – 25% off all longarming on Attic Window Quilts (December 9 deadline)
Brown Eyed Quilter – 15% off all longarming on Attic Window Quilts
Autumn Moon Quilting – 10% off longarming for finished quilts with code ATTICWINDOW
Just Sew – 20% off longarm quilting coupon for the first 10 people who DM @justsewstudio using #atticwindowquilt
Quilt Sandwich Fabrics – We are offering the coupon code ATTICWINDOWS for 10% off our Tilda Fabric selection from October 1 – November 15.
Winner 1 will receive:
Plain Janes & Co – $45 gift card
The Homebody Company – 3 PDF patterns
Winner 2 will receive:
Rocket City Sewcial – 1 FQ bundle
Meander + Make – An Attic Window Quilt label
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #atticwindowqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and ALL of the sponsors to win any prize (I do check this before choosing winners). Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible:
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations. Prize is void if the sponsor is unwilling to ship out of the US.
- A winner/winners will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on IG. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.
Take a class at
Quilt ClassGet an extra helping hand and detailed instruction for specific projects or entire quilts!
So enjoying this easy breezy piecing style. Nothing to trim, nothing to square up. Just straight line sewing. I’m LOVING it!
- Karen is moving right along. So pretty on the wall!
- Omigosh, Danae is making magic!
- Prettiness from Michelle.
- Katie‘s blocks are lovely!
- Robyn is using my Earthy Goodness! All the squeals!
Leave a Reply