It’s Inner Beauty quilt pattern release day! Yyayayayaya! I am so excited to get this one out to you. It has been such a labor of love and I have tweaked the pattern again and again until I was completely satisfied with it.
So much to get to! Let’s dive in!
Inner Beauty Quilt
Inner Beauty is a 90″x90″ square sampler quilt. It was inspired by the traditional Trip Around The World quilt (again!).
I’ve categorized this pattern as “confident beginner”. Because of the large size of the quilt, I’ve designed it with simpler blocks. Almost all of them are strip pieced. The effect is a quicker and more efficient make. It’s fun too! Fun to plan for, fun to piece!
Links from the video
- Here’s the tutorial on strip piecing.
- Here’s a video on troubleshooting flying geese (just in case).
- Here you will all our curated bundles for Inner Beauty.
A bit about the pattern
I’ve been wanting to create a bigger version of a Trip Around The World Quilt since I first designed my Trippy Quilt pattern, but I wanted to combine that with a sampler style quilt as well. Inner Beauty is my take on the combination of those two quilt styles.
Because it’s SO MUCH and SO BIG, I’ve made the blocks simpler and easier to work through. You’ll find this quilt can be accomplished by a beginner, though it may take some time to do. Inner Beauty is almost completely pieced using a method called strip piecing. If you’ve never strip pieced, I have a video tutorial with tips, tricks and how tos.
- Pattern is available as a PDF download or in booklet form that will be mailed to you
- Skill Level: Confident Beginner
- Skills Used: Strip piecing, straight line sewing and 4-at-a-time flying geese
- Speed: Not a fast make, but not a slow one either
- 1 Size: 90″x90″
- 18 illustrated pages
- Pattern includes a video tutorial for strip piecing and flying geese
- Pattern has lots of helpful links included (including methods for basting, quilting and binding)
- Pattern includes “scrappy backing guide” and a fabric guide
- Use #InnerBeautyQuilt for sharing on Instagram.
- Kit page is available here.
We have bundles!
We have quite a few kits curated up for Inner Beauty right now. Find them all here!
Here’s a look at my testers work…
If you click the images, it will take you their maker’s Instagram account.