Fabrics I’m Using
- Foreground – A mix of low volumes from several of my different collections
- Background – Pure Raw Gold
This Week’s Task
This week our task is to get all of our fabrics cut and organize the pieces of each block.
Supplies Used in the Video
- Starch by the gallon + my mist-er bottle
- Reliant Maven iron
- Wool pressing mat
- 60 mm rotary cutter
- Creative Grids cutting mat
- 6 1/2″x24 1/2″ Creative Grid ruler
- Creative Grids small ruler
- Project box
- Binding clips
- Find all of my online classes at Quilt Class here
- SHOP MY FABRIC STORE
- INSTAGRAM: @southerncharmquilts + @meanderandmake
- Contact me
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and purchase an item I may earn a tiny commission. You will not pay any extra by doing so. This is just a means for me to bring you free content. If you do purchase something I have linked to, THANK YOU for supporting me. Big hugs!
- Use fabrics you love! You’ll be a happier quilter!
- Be sure that your foreground fabrics and your background fabric has enough contrast.
- Take your time cutting fabrics. There’s no need to get it done all in one day.
- Starch your fabric prior to cutting it. This really does increase your precision and make accuracy much easier. I offer this class if you need more insight on precision.
- If you find that your ruler slips while cutting, get yourself a ruler with “grip” on the back. This really does improve cutting accuracy. If replacing rulers is not in your budget, consider these grips that you can just apply to the ruler you currently have.
- If you are looking to speed up the cutting process, using this ruler is one way to do it.
Get access to the Free Pattern Library
In addition to all of my free patterns, you’ll be able to stay connected and know when the next quilt along is or when a new quilt pattern becomes available.
- Modernly Stitched Quilt Studio – 20% off longarm services on Fernweh quilt until August 31, 2023. Code: FERNWEH20 The discount is for 20% off longarm services only. This does not include batting, shipping and any applicable taxes.
- Autumn Moon Quilting – 10% off Fernweh quilts with code SC10
- J Coterie Design – 20% off code FERNWEH20
- Ladybug Threads – 20% off through August 30 using code FERNWEH
Prizes for this week
2 winners will receive:
- $50 gift certificate to Meander + Make
- Post your progress on your quilt using the #fernwehqal to be eligible for the prizes! The more you post, the better your odds for winning.
- You MUST be following myself and ALL of the sponsors to win any prize (I do check this before choosing winners). Follow all of these accounts and you will be eligible:
- Giveaway is open to US and international participants, however, some sponsors may have shipping limitations. Prize is void if the sponsor is unwilling to ship out of the US.
- A winner/winners will be chosen one day prior to every post (except the first one) and announced on Instagram. It is your responsibility to get in touch with me by email and claim your prize. I won’t track you down. You have 15 days to claim your prize by email after that it will be void. See the calendar above for a better view of dates.