This post is a part of the Para Para Quilt Along. Below is a list of all the posts and articles on this series.
- Announcement – Sign ups and Details
- Bundles + Supplies Video Chat
- Spirit Bundle For Para Para Quilt
- Scrappy Background Kit for Para Para Quilt
- Prizes and Giveaways
- Week #1 – Half Square Triangles
- Week #2 – Tree Trunks
- Week #3 – Finish Section 1
- Week #4 – Section 2 – Light of Mine Blocks
- Week #5 – Section 3 – Sweet Spot Blocks
- Week #6 – Section 4 – Fading Light Stars
- Week #7 – Section 5 – Bow Tie Blocks
- Week #8 – Section 6 – Girl in the Corner Blocks
- Week #9 – Finished Quilt Top
Friends! I’m excited to announce that the Para Para quilt pattern will release on January 24th. We will be starting the quilt along for it on February 14.
If you are/have participated in my past quilt alongs, this will be set up very similar to those. It will, however, be a weekly quilt along, but I have the steps broken down to manageable bits. I’m really hoping you will join me.
If this is the first time you’ve heard of Para Para, let me show it to you. Here’s my past posts on it so far:
- WORK IN PROGRESS – PARA PARA QUILT – BEGINNINGS + WHY SEAMS ARE OFF SOMETIMES
- THOUGHTS ON HAND APPLIQUE + PROGRESS OF PARA PARA QUILT
- WORK IN PROGRESS – PARA PARA QUILT – FINISHED QUILT TOP
- QUILT REVEAL – PARA PARA
Available For Pre-order
At Home by Bonnie + Camille
The quilt along starts February 14, 2020 and ends April 10, 2020
The whole thing will be held right here on my blog.
What you need to do
You can RSVP to the quilt along here. RSVPing will sign you up to a newsletter where you can get reminders and nudges when the quilt along begins (you can also opt out if life gets in the way). After signing up you will receive an email immediately with a link for you to confirm and officially be added to the list. After that, you’ll receive a welcome email with lots of details and expectations. You’ll also receive a 20% off coupon at Meander + Make for the pattern and supplies, or whatever you want/need. Pattern will release on January 24th, but you can preorder it if you want.
Make sure you are following me on Instagram here. There will be random announcements there.
Who Can Join
YOU can! Yes, you. No matter who you are, where you’re from, or what you do, YOU are welcome here.
Are There Prizes?
Yes! Every week we will be giving away a sweet prize to one lucky winner that posts a picture of their progress on Instagram. They’ll be more details about this later.
I’m also currently accepting sponsors for this quilt along. If you’d like to be included, send me an email.
The hashtags to use will be #paraparaquiltqa and #paraparaquilt.
- February 14, 2020 – Making half square triangles from Section 1
- February 21, 2020 – Make Tree Trunks from Section 1
- February 28, 2020 – Finish Section 1 – Trees of Paradise
- March 6, 2020 – Finish Section 2 – Light of Mine
- March 13, 2020 – Finish Section 3 – Sweet Spot
- March 20, 2020 – Finish Section 4 – Fading Light Stars
- March 27, 2020 – Finish Section 5 – Bow Ties
- April 3, 2020 – Finish Section 6 – Girl in the Corner
- April 10, 2020 – Assemble quilt top
What are we making
We are making a sampler quilt that is very modern. There’s no grid in this one! Sampler quilts are a perfect way to learn new techniques and grow your skills.
Skill Level Needed
This quilt is an intermediate quilt pattern, but the pattern is packed plum full of video tutorials, so you are encouraged to go for it.
Here’s what you will learn or skills you will use:
- Half square triangles using the strip method (if you have my Tea Time pattern, then you already know this method). But it’s easy and you got this!
- Basic piecing skills
- Basic seam pressing skills
- Snowballing or adding corners to squares
- Hand or machine applique (your choice)
- Making hourglass blocks
Must Have Supplies
RSVP to the Para Para quilt along here.
I’m really excited about this new quilt along and I’m really hoping you’ll join me again. This is a fun quilt to plan and it’s broken down into sections where each round we are doing something completely different. Only at the end does everything come together with a very cool look.
There will be bundles available for those that are interested. The quilt uses 9 different fabrics for the foreground and those fabrics are repeated throughout the quilt, so if you are not a fan of scrappy, you may like this a bit more than my usual patterns. That being said, if you want to make this scrappy, you could do that too.
The pattern is coming with a coloring page that has everything pre-planned with what goes where, but like I always say, if you want to make it your own and change things up, go for it.
The bundles will release just ahead of the pattern, but if you have RSVPed you will receive an email as soon as they go on sale. I plan on making a few more mockups of color diagrams to help you choose a color palette and they’ll be several other posts between now and release day too.
Also, remember I’m here to answer your questions, so don’t hesitate to ask. 🙂