This post is a part of the Para Para Quilt Along. Below is a list of all the posts and articles on this series.
- Announcement – Sign ups and Details
- Bundles + Supplies Video Chat
- Spirit Bundle For Para Para Quilt
- Scrappy Background Kit for Para Para Quilt
- Prizes and Giveaways
- Week #1 – Half Square Triangles
- Week #2 – Tree Trunks
- Week #3 – Finish Section 1
- Week #4 – Section 2 – Light of Mine Blocks
- Week #5 – Section 3 – Sweet Spot Blocks
- Week #6 – Section 4 – Fading Light Stars
- Week #7 – Section 5 – Bow Tie Blocks
- Week #8 – Section 6 – Girl in the Corner Blocks
- Week #9 – Finished Quilt Top
I hope you are well, mentally and physically. We are living in strange times, amiright? BUT we’ve got the best hobby in the world if you are someone at home with time off in front of you and sewing happens to be one of the most therapeutic things to do in my opinion. So set the mood by lighting a candle, turning some nice relaxing music on and taking a deep breath. Now you’re ready! Sew, sew, sew.
This Week’s Task
This week, we’ll be working on section #4. It’s the Fading Light Stars. I LOVE this block. I must, I’ve used it in two different quilt patterns. Those little hourglasses are so cool. I want a whole quilt of them. Anyway! We’ve got four of these babies to make. Let’s do it!
- Remember to starch. It really helps with triangles. Here’s my starch recipe if you’re interested.
- Double check that you have all the units, particularly those hourglass units turned in the right direction BEFORE you sew your rows together.
- Don’t forget to chain piece everything. It makes it all go so much faster.
- Here’s the video tutorial if you need a little help. The password is in your pattern.
Fabrics I’m using
I’m using Art Gallery Fabrics Spirited fabrics and Pure solid Macademia for my background.
Everything you need for Para Para in one place!
This Week’s Giveaway
This coming Thursday, I’ll be choosing a winner for this week’s giveaway, which I’ll announce over on Instagram on Thursday and here during the next post. All you have to do to be eligible to win is to post your progress over on Instagram using the #paraparaquiltqa. You can post as many times as you want. But be sure to tag me and following the sponsors below. The winner will be chosen randomly and is open internationally.
This week’s winner will get:
- Gift set from Riley Blake Designs – You must be following @rileyblakedesigns
- One pair of Warm Crochet Scissors -You must be following @Warm_Crochet
- Havel’s 5.5″ Embroidery Scissors – You must be following @Havels_Sewing
- Ahmed Tea – You must be following @AhmadTea_USA
I’m so excited for this week’s winner and so happy to get to offer this to one of you, lovelies. If you can, do reach out and thank the sponsors. It helps me get them on board with prizes during the quilt alongs.
Discounts from the Sponsors Available to Everyone
- Warm Crochet is offering 10% off all scissors when you use code PARAPARAQUILT at checkout. Shop here.
- Havel’s is offering $7 off any purchase $25 or more when you use code SOUTHERNCHARM7 at checkout. Shop here.
- JCoterie is offering 20% off any longarm quilting on any quilt if you are participating in the quilt along. Sign up here.
Meander + Make and Hillstitches are both holding “First Finish” contests. Please read the rulers for that here. Faith has claimed the First Finish contest from Meander + Make. She has completely finished her Para Para quilt and wins 20 fat quarters. Sue has claimed the prize for the Australia + New Zealand First Finish contest.
I hope you enjoy making the Fading Light Stars. They’re not too time consuming, so maybe they’ll be time for some catch up too if you happen to be not caught up. But definitely go at your own pace, that’s always the best pace!
Stay healthy and keep your hands clean! Much love!