This post is a part of the Para Para Quilt Along. Below is a list of all the posts and articles on this series.
- Announcement – Sign ups and Details
- Bundles + Supplies Video Chat
- Spirit Bundle For Para Para Quilt
- Scrappy Background Kit for Para Para Quilt
- Prizes and Giveaways
- Week #1 – Half Square Triangles
- Week #2 – Tree Trunks
- Week #3 – Finish Section 1
- Week #4 – Section 2 – Light of Mine Blocks
- Week #5 – Section 3 – Sweet Spot Blocks
- Week #6 – Section 4 – Fading Light Stars
- Week #7 – Section 5 – Bow Tie Blocks
- Week #8 – Section 6 – Girl in the Corner Blocks
- Week #9 – Finished Quilt Top
Hey lovelies! How are you? If you are like me, it would be dealing with the ebb and flow of anxiety and tiredness of being only at home. But let’s not go down that road. I’m tired of thinking and reading and planning and worrying. All I want to do right now is look at my Para Para flimsy I just finished up and pet it and gaze at it and think about how I’m going to quilt it.
Did you jump ahead and finish yours already? Or are just getting to it?
This Week’s Task
This week is our last post about the quilt along. We’re going to cut up all our background pieces this round, and get this puzzle put together. This is my third time making Para Para and I’m loving the version I’ve just completed. I really hope you are feeling the same way about yours!
- Do yourself a favor and lay out your pieces (on the floor, on the design wall, however you do) and stare at it.
- Do you have all the orientations of the blocks correct? Are you sure, because this is tricky? It’s easy to get things turned around. Sometimes it helps to take a picture and stare at the picture. I’m not sure why, but every time I do that I know exactly what needs changing.
- When you pick up your pieces to sew them, be mindful that you aren’t turning them around the wrong way. Again, it’s really easy to get things turned around. I hope I don’t sound like I’m harping, but I don’t want you to be sitting on a finished top with your hands tired from the seam ripping and you snapping at anyone who speaks to you. Just me?! Ha!
Fabrics I’m using
I’m using Art Gallery Fabrics Spirited fabrics and Pure solid Macademia for my background.
Everything you need for Para Para in one place!
This Week’s Giveaway
This coming Thursday, I’ll be choosing a winner for this week’s giveaway, which I’ll announce over on Instagram on Thursday and here during the next post. All you have to do to be eligible to win is to post your progress over on Instagram using the #paraparaquiltqa. You can post as many times as you want. But be sure to tag me and following the sponsors below. The winner will be chosen randomly and is open internationally.
This week’s winner will get:
- $50 gift certificate to Meander + Make – You must be following @meanderandmake
- One pair of Warm Crochet Scissors -You must be following @Warm_Crochet
- Dura Snips – You must be following @Havels_Sewing
- Ahmed Tea – You must be following @AhmadTea_USA
I’m so excited for this week’s winner and so happy to get to offer this to one of you, lovelies. If you can, do reach out and thank the sponsors. It helps me get them on board with prizes during the quilt alongs.
Discounts from the Sponsors Available to Everyone
- Warm Crochet is offering 10% off all scissors when you use code PARAPARAQUILT at checkout. Shop here.
- Havel’s is offering $7 off any purchase $25 or more when you use code SOUTHERNCHARM7 at checkout. Shop here.
- JCoterie is offering 20% off any longarm quilting on any quilt if you are participating in the quilt along. Sign up here.
Meander + Make and Hillstitches are both holding “First Finish” contests. Please read the rulers for that here. Faith has claimed the First Finish contest from Meander + Make. She has completely finished her Para Para quilt and wins 20 fat quarters. Sue has claimed the prize for the Australia + New Zealand First Finish contest.
- Skill Level: Beginner friendly
- Available in PDF and Paper booklet
- Video tutorials
- Pattern is clickable with lots of helpful links included (including methods for basting, quilting and binding)
- 3 scrappy quilt patterns included.
Thank you so much for joining in and making this quilt with me. It’s been lovely getting to know many of you over on IG and seeing you make Para Para. I’ve loved every minute of it.
Get a personalized quilt label for your Para Para quilt.