Well, I hope you are enjoying making your blocks as much as I am! We have three pretty straightforward blocks to tackle this round. Fun blocks too with plenty of opportunities to fussy cut.
Get your rotary cutter ready and let’s dive in!
Things not to forget:
- Beth of Modernly Stitched is offering 20% off all longarming during the quilt along to 8 weeks after it ends.
- Order your personalized Little Miss Sawtooth quilt label here.
- Find all the supplies and more from the pattern located here.
I’m using Maureen Cracknell’s Cozy & Magical fabrics and they are the cutest, sweetest Christmas line! We sold out of them in our shop, but they are still available at the link above.
This Round’s Task
This round we get to make: Gabrielle, Ava and Brianna. Fun, fun, fun!
Gabrielle is a pretty simple block, and I LOVE the method of half square triangles taught in this block pattern. It’s a great method for when you need a gazillion HSTs.
- Make crazy bestie friends with your starch. Starch before you cut your fabric, when you press the HSTs and also when you finish the inside of your star.
Ava is a basic square in a square block, perfect for a larger fussy cut. She’s simple and no fuss.
- This is another block where starch is really necessary. It will help those points lie down and get you that crispness you are after.
- Be sure to use contrasting fabrics on the center. You don’t want the two fabrics to run together or fight for attention, you want one to shine and the other for support.
Brianna is one of my favorite blocks. Stars inside stars always are. There’s a lot of parts to this block and some tiny piecing, but YOU GOT THIS! Play with your fabrics until you come up with a combo that makes you fall hard.
- Again, starch!
- Remember to think about contrast and busy-ness too. I probably should have made my star points yellow to stand out a bit more.
I love seeing the blocks altogether! Putting them all side by side also makes it easier to see which colors you need more of and which colors or fabrics you might need to take a break from. I’m needing more yellow!
Use the #littlemisssawtoothqal to be eligible for the prizes we are giving away the day before the next round begins! I’ll be personally choosing one winner each week to receive a $25 credit to Meander + Make (worldwide) and Havel’s Sewing will be giving that same winner (US only on the Havel’s prize) a special surprise. All you have to do is post to that hashtag above. Be sure to check your spelling! And post more to have more chances.
- Megan won the giveaway for last round.
- Julie‘s blocks are adorable! I love when y’all string them up like that. 🙂
- Look at Jenny‘s gorgeous wall!
- I’m in love with Deborah‘s fussy cutting.
- I am dying over Fiona‘s blocks!
Thank you so much for sewing with me!