By now our Anthologie quilts are really coming together and huge chunks are getting completed. There’s not too much left to do! All the hard parts are behind us. This week we are tackling the Sassy Grannies. There’s three of these babies and they are made with just basic straight line sewing with no fuss.
The posts in this series are all part of the Anthologie Quilt Along.
To view all the posts, click here.
To join the quilt along, click here.
Get the Anthologie quilt pattern!
There are three Sassy Granny blocks. It’s a bigger block with a lot of seams! Make sure that you are using the 1/4″ seam allowance just so on this block to insure everything comes out to size. Do pay attention to the orientation of the blocks as well if you are using directional prints. I’ve put the vertical blocks on the outside to keep from having to do any lining up of the seams, so just make sure you notice that little tidbit and make things a bit easier on yourself.
There’s also a bit of section building this round. By the end of this week, you should have three chunks of the quilt completed.
Fabrics I’m Using
- Speckled Natural
- Stencilled Blush
- Add it Up Cactus
- Spotted in Amber
- Kantha Mica
- Petit Potpourri Gold
I don’t know about you, but I’m startin to second guessing myself on my color palette choice. Ha! Just something I go through with almost every quilt. Do you do this too? Fingers crossed it all works out in the end.
- Iva (@schnigchnagquiltsandmore) just finished the quilting on @jule_umbi’s quilt and I’m just enamored. I might be borrowing an idea or two. 🙂
- @_soulsitches_ is making such happy Dresden plates. Love them!
- @Heart.Patches also has some beautiful Dresdens going on. 🙂
- Love the background for @gardenpups2.0’s flying geese. It’s popping against everything else and I love the effect.
- @Piebakerms’s Dresden plates are absolute lusciousness!
Get a personalized quilt label for your Anthologie quilt!