The posts in this series are all part of the Anthologie Quilt Along.
To view all the posts, click here.
To join the quilt along, click here.
I love the La Fleur block. I’ve made this block many times and I think it’s the size and striking-ness that makes me love it so much. Also, it’s a perfect throw pillow size. Anyway, that’s what we are doing this round, making one single block! Are you ready?!
Get the Anthologie quilt pattern!
So one single block this week: La Fleur. This should give you some time to catch up if you need to or maybe work ahead a little if you’d like. This is an easier block and I think it’s a fun one to make. I just love pairing up fabrics for it.
- Video tutorial for La Fleur
- Working on La Fleur block
- Half square triangle tutorial
- Snowball tutorial
- Starch recipe
Fabrics I’m Using
Well, I’m thinking I might end up remaking my La Fleur block. As much as I love it, I’m not sure it’s going to flow with the rest of the quilt. I think I shouldn’t have put those two dark colors together, maybe? I’ll hold off and see. I might could repeat the same thing in other places of the quilt to bring balance, but I don’t know. Time will tell.
- I’m really into the colors and everything Amanda is doing with her quilt!
- Cathy is working ahead and I just keep swooning with every new pic. I love how wild and natural it’s all looking!
- Kate’s 9-patches make me want a quilt with all 9-patches.
- I know I featured Kirsty last week, but just wow! I’m in awe!
Don’t forget to post your progress on Instagram and use the #anthologieqa to be eligible for prizes. I’m so excited to see what you do, so give me a tag too. I just love gushing over your creations. Have a good rest of your week. I’ll see you in two weeks!
Get a personalized quilt label for your Anthologie quilt!