It’s release day for Morning Sun quilt. We are having a sale on all of our patterns starting today through Sunday (sale ends 11/23/20). Find all patterns here.
Chats about Morning Sun
Finished Morning Sun quilt posts:
- My third and latest Morning Sun quilt – peach and gold version
- My second Morning Sun – Fall colored one from last year
- The original Morning Sun quilt
Block + Technique Tutorials:
- Double Pointed Dresden plate tutorial
- Flying Geese Tutorial
- Large HST tutorial
- Half square triangle tutorial
- Snowballing tutorial
This pattern was designed back in 2017 and written especially for quilt along style construction where you cut fabrics as you go instead of at the beginning. Each section will tell you the fabrics needed to complete it. Because the fabric requirements are broken into foreground and background, each section will also tell you which fabric should be cut from the background fabrics. This doesn’t mean that you have to use certain fabrics in certain places, by all means, do your own thing, but if you have purchased the amounts of fabrics stated in this pattern and are cutting foreground from foreground and background from background, you’ll have enough of each when you reach the end of the quilt.
Morning Sun is a sampler quilt perfect for beginners.
This quilt is made easier with the use of the EZ Dresden ruler, you can purchase one here. However, there is a template included if you prefer in the back of the pattern.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Speed: Quicker make
- Quilt measures 72×72″
- Video tutorials included for almost every step
- 12 illustrated pages
- Pattern has lots of helpful links included (including methods for basting, quilting and binding)
- Find everything you need for Morning Sun here
- Personalized quilt label especially for this quilt here
- Use #MorningSunQuilt for sharing on Instagram
Here’s a look at a few of my tester’s Morning Sun quilts.
Be sure to have at a look at the #MorningSunQuilt on Instagram. There are many more versions there.