This week is a pretty easy week. Fifteen 4-patches. No biggie at all! If you are a bit behind this might be a catch up week as well for you. This of course is one of my favorite steps. I like choosing my low volume fabrics more so than any of the others. If you are doing a scrappy low volume background like me and want pointers, there is this post.
This Week’s Sponsor
This week our sponsor is Crimson Confection and Jen is giving away a bundle of low volume fabrics.
I’ll be announcing the winner this evening.
This Week’s Task
Like I mentioned above, we’ve got fifteen 4-patches to make this week. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy, right?
I’ve been asked why I chose to make this a 4-patch instead of just a single fabric measuring 12.5″. I don’t like to waste fabric, and if you’ve ever cut a 12.5″ square from a strip then you know there is some serious waste. Yes, I could just toss it into my scrap basket, but by using the 4-patches instead, there’s almost no waste. There’s also the fact that it means more low volume gets included into my quilt. 🙂 This 4-patch background block is also seen in my Little Miss quilt.
Here’s a list of low volumes I used for this week’s blocks:
- Heartfelt – AGF Studio
- I Spy Friendship – Amy Sinbaldi
- Nisi Flora Aera – Katarina Roccella
- Specktacular Gold – Pat Bravo
- Crossstitch in Brown – Lori Holt
- Honeycomb in Gray – Lori Holt
- Wispy Daybreak in Aura – Leah Duncan
- Fawn Day in Ethereal – AGF Studio
- Dumb Dot in Snow – Michael Miller Designs
- Joy Crossroads in Pastel – Bonnie Christine
Get a personalized Bad Girl quilt along label for your quilt.
- Week 1 post
- Week 2 post
- Week 3 post
- Week 4 post
- Bad Girl pattern
- Bad Girl quilt along signups
- Personalized Bad Girl quilt label
- Video tutorial for the half rectangle triangles
- My first Bad Girl quilt, and my second
- Can a beginner make the Bad Girl quilt? (post)
- Orange Grove fabric bundle
- Midnight Garden fabric bundle
- Making Scrappy Low Volume Backgrounds (post)
- Supplies I’m using: Dresden ruler, Charlotte’s fusible web, fussy cut rulers
Patchwork + Quilt (a class for learning to quilt)
The Garden Views Bundle
- 18 pieces
- Fat quarters
- Curated especially for the Evening Walk Quilt